• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is this quote reasonable?

Happy days.

It's a little frustrating, particularly where we had taken the time to carry out all the research, made the referrals to Underwriters to source you a great deal (with currently the best Insurer in the country) with the highest level of cover available.

In situations like this where we do all the work, but where our efforts are purely used as a target and they're rewarded for a lack of pricing integrity, there's really no incentive for us to provide terms to you next year as whatever we do or how good we are it seems as though you'll not be using our service.

Whilst I can see it must be annoying for underwriters to go through the process of preparing a quote to be undercut at the last minute, it's not really the people buying the policies at fault.

99% of the insurance industry seem to not be able to drop their price until a competitor has. If all companies gave you their absolute best price to start with it would save a LOT of time, for both the consumer and the companies.

We have to use your system, it's only natural we will play it in the way that saves us money.

FWIW I'm more than happy with Greenlight, and you've had 3 policies taken out with you thanks to my recommendation. Money talks though, and if people can save a wedge by using another company, they will.

Dutch auctions, always has been. I use Go Compare and then put that price to my current insurer, have done for three years now.

Whilst I can see it must be annoying for underwriters to go through the process of preparing a quote to be undercut at the last minute, it's not really the people buying the policies at fault.

Absolutely, it's fantastic for those shopping around. Price is key.

If you want to get the truly best price from an insurer (via a broker), do not tell them what you've had as your best rate. Some insurers just cant cope with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
poor old brokers.

maybe 'av-a-word with admiral and get them to stop their obligatory quote you 25% higher price on renewal than if you got a fresh quote as joe blogs. i appreciate that as brokers you have little to do with how admiral run their business, but most people probably don't understand the difference between a broker and an insurance company when they call you and waste your time.

ultimately we all have to thank our friends who can't help doing cash for crash and subsequent whiplash claims. they have royally torn the arse out of that old game and this hasn't helped renewal prices. of course i am sure that butter wouldn't melt in the poor insurance companies mouths and they don't use this current situation to inflate prices either.

poor old brokers.

maybe 'av-a-word with admiral and get them to stop their obligatory quote you 25% higher price on renewal than if you got a fresh quote as joe blogs. i appreciate that as brokers you have little to do with how admiral run their business, but most people probably don't understand the difference between a broker and an insurance company when they call you and waste your time.

ultimately we all have to thank our friends who can't help doing cash for crash and subsequent whiplash claims. they have royally torn the arse out of that old game and this hasn't helped renewal prices. of course i am sure that butter wouldn't melt in the poor insurance companies mouths and they don't use this current situation to inflate prices either.

I blame the industry to be honest, the industry facilitates the illegal claimers. It's one big merry go round, although I don't find it overly merry.

Money is key yes, but not if your getting less of a policy. In this case the policies were exactly the same. With myself being with flux already i know them fairly well.
Again thanks for your time and efforts.
It's a cruel old world out there! :)

Back