• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is this quote reasonable?

Got an insurance quote from flux and sky yesterday. Flux were £730 and Sky were £700.
I'm 26 with no points or claims. 6 years no claims bonus, and covering 3000 miles a year.
Car is a charge cooled jrsc ep3.
What you guys think?

Seems reasonable to me
My brother was paying more with same ncb at 28 for a standard ep3
I think he was with admiral

Try sainsburys. I'm with them and have always been with them. £265 FN2 9 yr NCB. The likes of flux and co are a rip off, my performance Anglia used to be with them till i discoverd how expensive they actually are.

Have you tried the type r insurance thingy in insurance fourm
I might give them a try next time to see what they quote

I suppose this would be a bad time to pop into this conversation and say; Im 19, one years no claims, have the parents on the insurance (obviously), Car in my name and legal owner, me as main driver so none of this being 3rd named and using it more etc and im paying £1242 for my 02 Pre facelift EP3.

Hi RY4N,

We'd be happy to take a look at this for you and would welcome the chance to help out.

We're modification friendly, most of our team own and run (or owned and ran) the types of vehicles we Insure. Which really helps.

Cover wise, in addition to the traditional cover (windscreen cover, stereo cover, 24hr claims service, courtesy car, repair guarantees etc) that you expect under a policy we also offer features such as like for like replacement of any modified/after market parts and a trackday cover option.

Your low annual mileage is helpful, we don't have the same cash for crash problems in Scotland as we have throughout other parts of the UK (the claims figures support that you're tough as old boots up there) and providing you have performance car driving experience we'll be able to help.

If you'd like us to look at this and can call during office hours on 01277 376000 (9am - 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 1pm Saturday) we'd be happy to help. Alternatively, if you don't mind PM'ing your contact details we'll call you to run through this with you.

Kind regards

Tony

Got an insurance quote from flux and sky yesterday. Flux were £730 and Sky were £700.
I'm 26 with no points or claims. 6 years no claims bonus, and covering 3000 miles a year.
What you guys think?

What you guys think?

Hi Ryan
Please feel free to try our scheme :)

With kind regards
Tim
See recent feedback about our scheme at www.prestigekeepmoving.com/p/car-clubs.html
Prestige Keep Moving Insurance Scheme is provided by The A&A Group Limited - www.taagl.com
0800 3308057 or 0333 4001580 if ringing by mobile
Online quote form - http://superrates.co.uk/CoreQuote/faces/ProposerDetails.jsp?Product=1&Style=3

What you guys think?

Considering you went to two independent insurers and they have both given you similar quotes, I would say yes.

I called Adrian flux back with the Greenlight quote asked if they could beat it. And they DID. Came back with £460!!!!!
Well chuffed!:D

Hi RY4N,

Glad to see this all worked out for you.

We did provide the best possible offer we could for you first time around, which was a good rate with a great Underwriter.

How they can give you a quotation, then drop £270 from a rate of £730 to £460 for no other reason than our quotation does make you wonder :rolleyes:

Hi RY4N,

Glad to see this all worked out for you.

We did provide the best possible offer we could for you first time around, which was a good rate with a great Underwriter.

How they can give you a quotation, then drop £270 from a rate of £730 to £460 for no other reason than our quotation does make you wonder :rolleyes:

Indeed yeah its ridiculous how they can do that, however I can't complain.
I was very impressed with your service and quote, and will have no hesitation in giving you a all again next time round! Unfortunately money is money at the of the day. Thanks for your time.
Cheers

Your comments in relation to our service are gratefully appreciated, and we do totally understand the commercials RY4N.

It's a little frustrating, particularly where we had taken the time to carry out all the research, made the referrals to Underwriters to source you a great deal (with currently the best Insurer in the country) with the highest level of cover available.

In situations like this where we do all the work, but where our efforts are purely used as a target and they're rewarded for a lack of pricing integrity, there's really no incentive for us to provide terms to you next year as whatever we do or how good we are it seems as though you'll not be using our service.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree Tony, 110%. We're getting this a lot at the moment from our competitors. eg. Customer shops around. We provide our best rate, insure the customer. the customer leaves feedback for us thanking us on the forum, our competitor spots this feedback, contacts the customer and as if by magic, drops their price by enough to cover our cancellation fee and make it worth while for the customer to move. The best rate a broker can get, should be the best rate a broker can get, no scrabbling around after a sale is made.

Back