• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

It pays to have family & friends in the motor trade

It's that time when i need to replace the front discs and pads, after a chat with my local dealer (who looks after the car for me) they quoted £245 supplied & fitted which i thought ok i need them so i'll have to pay the price to keep safe & be able to stop when i need to!!

Anyway a mate said he could try and get them and then fit them for beer (he works for the local plod in their workshops), great i thought & the price can down to £152 all in + beers- job done, just under £100 saving :D

Then my little sis, says to me (bearing in mind she works for Hendy Ford) that they have several Honda dealerships with in the group and that she'd see what she could do. Anyway she comes back with £134.00 + beers to my mate to fit.......great so i got her order them for me. She's just phoned me to say they're in and she wangled even more discount and so the final bill is £122.00 + beers to my mate to fit.

Overall i think thats a bloody bargain price :D/:D/ .

Anyone else agree?

i do agree thats a good price, you could fit them your-self they are really easy. On the other hand the cost of a crate of beer its not even worth getting your hands dirty :D

Agree totally, my mate who's a mechanic lent me all his tools to do the job and he just supervised, got frustrated and done half the job for me and didn't ask for any dosh. Although the front discs didnt come off due to the retaining screws being a pain so I now wished I just gave him a botlle of Absolut vodka and got him to do it at the workshop lol.

Back