• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email
Agree with Neil. I live with the squeaks now.
Bang an induction kit on it, or turn up the thermo nuclear heated cd player...

If you're that bothered about rattles then don't buy an EP3, they're no different. Although neither them or the FN2 are bad.

I went to them on Tuesday and basically handed in the letter. I don't think I'm going to go for the EP3, or not yet anyway - I mean I didn't want to be offering them a solution to a problem I wern't repsonsible for, so they are going to give me a courtesy car free (finally) and keep it in until it's resolved, however long it takes.

I'm hesitant though, as I fear that opening it all up may just lead to further niggles - so now I'm not sure on how I'm going to proceed.

Agree with Neil. I live with the squeaks now.
Bang an induction kit on it, or turn up the thermo nuclear heated cd player...

I was considering going for the GM, but with all the issues I'm having with Honda at the moment - I think I'm going to hold off until the car is niggle free, so that anything I do doesn't have an impact on the warranty.

I know that the GM doesn't necessarily effect the niggles/squeaks part of the warranty - but I don't really want to provide them with any ammunition man, to give me a harder time, than they already are. :mad:

Today I have developed a new "sqeak" from the left hand vent area on the drivers side. This is after a 24 hour quiet period as the "knock" from the passenger has footwell disappeared!

Today I have developed a new "sqeak" from the left hand vent area on the drivers side. This is after a 24 hour quiet period as the "knock" from the passenger has footwell disappeared!

I found a screw underneath the back seat (behind the driver) last evenign when I was hoovering the cover - I hoover her every week, and I've never clocked it before.. Normally take the mats out and everything, but yesterday there was a screw lying on the floor - got me thinking, what's loose now?

Well my EP3 has a squeaky/creaky noise coming from the right hand side of the steering wheel and I have tried pushing everything, banging stuff and it will not stop. I cannot for the life of me figure out where it is coming from

Not sure, but that's where I'll be inspecting when I get in.
try the centre console both of the screws came out on my ep3 when i had it. not sure why there would be any other screws in that place on a fn2...

I work for honda as many people on here know and most of your complaints are preety standard. I know its not whats you expect when you pay the best part of 20k for a car but you are always going to get noises and rattles and little things like that. I had loads of rattles on my ep3....just turn the stereo up :cool:

try the centre console both of the screws came out on my ep3 when i had it. not sure why there would be any other screws in that place on a fn2...

I work for honda as many people on here know and most of your complaints are preety standard. I know its not whats you expect when you pay the best part of 20k for a car but you are always going to get noises and rattles and little things like that. I had loads of rattles on my ep3....just turn the stereo up :cool:

Cheers for the insight bud. In your experience as an employee for Honda, can I expect any sort of recompense for the inconvenience/hassle of everything?

Thanks, been hitching the stereo up.. It's the only way :D

Cheers for the insight bud. In your experience as an employee for Honda, can I expect any sort of recompense for the inconvenience/hassle of everything?

Thanks, been hitching the stereo up.. It's the only way :D

I work right at the begining of the process the factory in swindon lol so not sure about the customer service side of things but Im sure they will try to sort what ever issues you have. they of course want your next car to be a honda

I work right at the begining of the process the factory in swindon lol so not sure about the customer service side of things but Im sure they will try to sort what ever issues you have. they of course want your next car to be a honda

Nice one mate, thanks alot :D

I feel for you.

I had a similar experience with my EP2 in the first 6 months of ownership from new. I sold the car when 18 months old and then 3 years later bought the car back. After the initial issues were addressed the car runs better now than it did when new.

Nice letter, but the best I think HUK will offer is a free service.

Nice letter, but the best I think HUK will offer is a free service.

I agree with Paul. The faults you describe, although annoying & inconvenient to you, won't be classed as 'major' faults & Honda are actually doing something about them (albeit not very well by the faults returning!). Due to this, I don't believe that they will offer you a new car & definately not your money back!

Chances are they will 'fix' the faults again, extend your warranty & give you a 'free' valet & service.

Did you get an equivalent courtesy car, i.e. another Type-R? If not, get back onto them until they give you one to thrash, I mean drive around until yours is sorted. :smt023

Back