• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JamesT's Premier EP3...

Light update -

I've bought a Eunos Roadster off a mate who wanted rid fast. I took it for a drive, and couldn't believe how fun it was! So passed over the cash.

Going to tidy it up and see what happens :)

In before "gay/fag" etc

20120624_165542.jpg

Keeping Civic too of course.

Nice little toy there sir. I've been in one and it was a reet laugh, low down, feel like you could fall out, massive grins.

How come your mate was getting rid?

Awesome. :D

I seriously miss my MX5, tempted to get one for winter wheels... yeah, that's right. The wrong way round, but they're cheap and loads of fun and cold winter morning blasts rock. :D

The roof is perfect. Rear screen is a bit hazy, but no cracks or leaks!

The brakes don't actually work at the moment, so am changing all the callipers tomorrow.

Can't get over how cheap the spares are for these cars... I'm so used to the Honda used part prices, that I'm like WTF how can these parts be so cheap!?

Either way it's going to slammed, with wide wheels, and some camber.

I approve! :smt023

I've fancied one of these for a while, fun daily sort of thing.

Is it silly insurance being a Eunos though or have I got that wrong? I thought they were the imports?

I approve! :smt023

I've fancied one of these for a while, fun daily sort of thing.

Is it silly insurance being a Eunos though or have I got that wrong? I thought they were the imports?

I'm getting quotes of around £550 based on a second car / 0ncb / 27yo / low crime area / import yadda yadda.

I cannot emphasise how immense the steering feel is in these cars. Of course compared to an EP3, a golf cart feels better. But after owning DC2's etc, this was seriously fun. Obviously not "fast", but it seriously doesn't need any more power (1.8 130bhp).

RX8..is he mad?

:lol: :lol: :lol: great website name.

I've been trying to fix his RX8 since he's owned it. Cold start issues. Hot start issues. Engine management light. Lambda sensors failing. Running rich.

Takes like 10 seconds to start the damn thing. I could never own one!

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/

http://www.flyinmiata.com/

;)

Also

I have no idea why anyone would want to buy an RX8 as a daily. High teens MPG & drinks oil like I drink Coke + the issues you've listed

Cheers Ed - already on those forums / shops + more!

He still loves the fact it's different. It's the 230bhp model, I took it out for a hard drive; my Civic would eat it easily.

Yes they have bad MPG - his has the engine light on right now, as it's running too rich, :lol: can only imagine.

Latest bargain on the Eunos was 4 x callipers / 4 x carriers / pads for every corner = £60.

How much did he pay for the RX8? I think its different because no one can actually afford to run one anymore given current fuel / oil prices :lol:

I figured you'd be all over those sites like a fat kid on cake

He paid £2200 for an 04 plate, they are so cheap these days - rightly so!

15x8 ET0 / slammed / with camber and a bit of an arch roll is the way to go. I've got a couple of wheels in mind, however I want to get the car safe first.

Well I've bought a couple of front wings, but they haven't arrived yet - only been waiting a month! Nightmare.

Blog will be updated with that if they ever arrive......

Back to the world of the EP3, I thought I'd roll my arches with a stone. Came out alright don't you think?

IMG_20120807_090737.jpg

Back