• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JDM inlet manifold Vs RBC inlet.

Just a comparison picture really.

Obviously the RBC would be the better choice but the JDM inlet is not to bad. :)

2009-08-22_09-44-40_220820091344.jpg

do you think there would be a big difference in bhp between the two? and im guessing either is a major step up from the UKDM one

Good picture.

Shows the obvious smoother air flows on the RBC, by the arc of the cylinder port entries and teh phlenum chamber entry.

I'd hate to see the UKDM one.

Good picture.

Shows the obvious smoother air flows on the RBC, by the arc of the cylinder port entries and teh phlenum chamber entry.

I'd hate to see the UKDM one.

Credit to our matey Ian with the red JDM - he removed this and fitted mine :)

Guy is a legend :smt023

oh right, do you now the typical gain for one of these?
thinking about it, the RBC needs a bit of body work mods to get it to fit. does the JDM?

oh right, do you now the typical gain for one of these?
thinking about it, the RBC needs a bit of body work mods to get it to fit. does the JDM?

These will gove you a good lift in mid range torque.

JDM will go straight on, but its not really a lot of work to get the RBC on, if your going to the effort of taking it off, modding your car, informing your insurers, then cutting a little bit of slam panel is nothing.

These will gove you a good lift in mid range torque.

JDM will go straight on, but its not really a lot of work to get the RBC on, if your going to the effort of taking it off, modding your car, informing your insurers, then cutting a little bit of slam panel is nothing.

when you say cutting, would a little bit of tapping from a hammer suffice? or does it have to be cut and bent?
i wouldnt mind an RBC, but i think it will be last on my list with exhaust manifold and kpro (to save a bit of money on the mapping costs)

when you say cutting, would a little bit of tapping from a hammer suffice? or does it have to be cut and bent?
i wouldnt mind an RBC, but i think it will be last on my list with exhaust manifold and kpro (to save a bit of money on the mapping costs)

Yes RBC is normally considered the back end of modding a CTR, but doesnt have to be.

I have a Gruppe 'M, K100, TODA race header and Fujitsubo cat back. My next and only power mods will be a RBC, throttle body and a new map.

Cut it, dont hit it with a hammer.

By cutting it you ensure a smooth cut and it will look tidy and almost OEM, hit it with a hammer and you will damage the paint, buckle the whole slam panel and generally make a mess of it.

Its only a few CM's tops and goes along the slam panel up to the bannet catch.

endinebaywithRBC003.jpg

thats one hefty strut brace :lol:. ok hammer bodging doesnt sound too good then, so nothing gets weakened with the cutting? is this something a capable DIY'er could do or do they need to be fitted and mapped ASAP?

All the RBC does is create a smoother larger space for the air to directed into the combustion chambers, via the valves.

You should see a slight increase in mid range torque, just like with a aftermarket filter.

But as with all mods to get the best you need to adjust the fueling to make the most of them.

If I was getting mine done I would get it all done in one go, as you said fitted and tuned at teh same time.

Back