• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

I decided to take the J's ETD of this afternoon when I got to work. It was making a horrible rattling noise when changing gear on the higher cams or when you let off the accelerator after giving it some beans. Have a quick nose round there are some scrape marks on the surrounding metal structures close by and I think the ETD was vibrating on those. Sounded like a loose nut i nthe engine bay. Horrible. Will give it another listen on the way home from work tonight.

I've also fitted an OEM EP3/DC5 gear knob which I bought from TypeRiter. I had an FD2 on one previously. Will get some pics up at the weekend of the comparrison. I prefer the elongation of the EP3/DC5 knob (fnarr, fnarr). Feels nicer flicking it into gear and reminds me of my EP3.

As I have no need for the FD2 gear knob, I will sell it when I can be bothered.

Still keeping the car with the sprogg on the way?

TBH, I think I will.

If I wanted to sell it, I would have to get the front bumper resprayed as it has a paint defect and I would not be happy to sell it in that condition. At the minute, this is too much like hard work and I haven't got the spare cash to do it.

I still adore the DC5. Went for a detoured blast on the way to work this afternoon and arrived with a satisfied smile on my face. I can afford to keep the DC5 with the impending sprogg, so I will. also, no other cars I can afford for the price I would get for the DC5 tick all of the right boxes for me.

Take 2 cars into the shower !! not me I just wash & go..

You need 1 car with 4 doors ;)

He's got a proper fly white and black Recaro baby seat.

Truthfully? :cool:

I think we've got some 'Chicco' thing for the little'un... Would have loved the Recaro one - but I noticed one of the members had a Recaro 'high-chair' and with the little one, starting to look like she wants to try and sit-up: I'm going to look into that (Recaro high chair) :cool:

I will post pics of the seat when it is being used accordingly. Jermal jnr will also get an putting inthe tro T shirt although I doubt it will be a regular thing :lol:

I decided to take the J's ETD of this afternoon when I got to work. It was making a horrible rattling noise when changing gear on the higher cams or when you let off the accelerator after giving it some beans. Have a quick nose round there are some scrape marks on the surrounding metal structures close by and I think the ETD was vibrating on those. Sounded like a loose nut i nthe engine bay. Horrible. Will give it another listen on the way home from work tonight.

Car sounds absolutely mint now the ETD is off. No horrible rattling noise anymore. The scutttle panel from the Gruppe M rattle's a little bit but not very loud. Nothing a bit of music can't rectify :lol:

I keep threatening to clean it, but whenever I get the chance, the weather is always shít. Hopefully if it doesn't rain for 20 mins on sunday I'll give it a once over. My wheels are almost black atm :lol:.

The scutttle panel from the Gruppe M rattle's a little bit but not very loud. Nothing a bit of music can't rectify :lol:

Halfords sell some of this sticky backed foam mate, by a strip and line all of the scuttle and lower winscreen.

The tape is black and you can cut the tape to suit, so you can do a really good job of it.

I used to do it say every 6 months as the rain and cak start to perish it after a while.

But it works a treat :D .

I bought some of that on a roll, it's for number plates according to the packaging but I'm going to use it to refit my wind deflectors.

I managed to get mine cleaned on sunday, just as I'd finished applying the Purple Haze it started to rain.
Oh well, better that than before I'd finished I suppose. :lol:

Car sounds absolutely mint now the ETD is off. No horrible rattling noise anymore. The scutttle panel from the Gruppe M rattle's a little bit but not very loud. Nothing a bit of music can't rectify :lol:

I keep threatening to clean it, but whenever I get the chance, the weather is always shít. Hopefully if it doesn't rain for 20 mins on sunday I'll give it a once over. My wheels are almost black atm :lol:.

what have we learned from this lesson then? standard FTW.

Back