• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

3 months later.

"i fitted super duper JDM balls deep trooper engine mounts. they are equivalent to group N rally mounts. it stiffened up the car no end, and wheel hop is gone. however with baby in baby seat the excessive vibrations in the cabin caused by these stiffer mounts means i have to wear ear defenders whilst driving as baby is unable to rest in peaceful slumber, so i have decided to go back to the OEM mounts"

brows.

finally the weather was good enough on one of my days off to warrant giving the Teg a clean. I was going to only give it a quick wash, however mid way through, it was clear that I would have to clay the car too. Bloody caked in tar. I last washed the car about 3 months ago and this was the end result after claying one of the front wings of the car:

eefd0460.jpg

I didn't have time to polish or wax the car after, but I plan on doing a full detail later in the year, so it will have to do for now.

Some before and after pics. Appologies for the quality as they were taken on my Jesus phone:

91b1ad3c.jpg

f1a9aea6.jpg

ed379444.jpg

ac26554d.jpg

fcadd5f4.jpg

2b3ca0b7.jpg

78a75ccc.jpg

3a5548fe.jpg

0c105805.jpg

3d3c358f.jpg

faaf12e8.jpg

f30bf69f.jpg

ddd3fe38.jpg

35c13faf.jpg

a couple of pics showing a few interior modifications too. First up is my new OEM gear knob courtesy of Typeriter:

653b2f04.jpg

and also finally some pics of my Recaro baby seat that was kindly purchased by members from here. I know suits has been wanting to see these pics for a while:

1b73599b.jpg

fe38da2c.jpg

and something cute for my little one to look at :p

9577bf86.jpg

Nice job,

Might be worth giving it a very quick coat of sealant or wax sooner rather than later.

As the clay bar will have removed all your previous hard work, leaving the paint work completely unprotected.

I don't know what's more disturbing, the bear, or the grime under that window... must try harder... :p

Like I said, it will get a full detail later in the year.

I always use qd when drying the car, so that will give a very brief form of protection, but you're right Paul, I need to give it a once over with sone wax next time. Unfortunately, claying ate in to my time today, but boy was it needed.

recently had a baby myself and personnally i think your car will be fine for a baby, my ep3 is great and the rear seat belts lock once you feed the belt back in, it holds the car seat in position snugly! its fine as long as you dont mind leaning in the back to strap them in which i dont!

Looking good, doing mine on wednesday got the day off so will probably be out there most of the day, the missus is going to clean the house & im going to clean the car wonder who will be finished first :lol:

I agree about the baby seat, mine was fine in the CTR & also fits fine in the DC2...Keeping it recaro i see :cool:

I have an isofix base, so no need for seatbelts :)

<edit> Pictures resized. They looked ok on my iPhone, but fooking huge on the laptop! :lol:

Good work on the clean-up man.

The wing looks huge in the pics :cool:

Must say that gear-knob looks jolly damn good too. Shiny as... :cool:

Back