• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Hi Jermal,
Just had a look at the pics on the first page then skipped to the end. Love this DC5 and those pictures are lovely too.

Anyway, now the prerequisite brown-nosing is done :) would you be able to share the background you have on your Alpine head unit as I have the same one?

Cheers,
Andy

Anyway, now the prerequisite brown-nosing is done :) would you be able to share the background you have on your Alpine head unit as I have the same one?

Cheers,
Andy

Possibly. If I can get it off my head unit then yes. Otherwise no as I no longer have the original file

There used to be a .apn convertor on the net, but it's since been removed. That was how I did mine.

I said in my last post about I've got some dc5 calipers and s2000 disks. The laquer is coming off one of the brembo calipers. You said your going to do yours soon. I thought you might know how I get te old laquer off with out affecting the paintwork or decal of the caliper and also where I fond the high heat resistant laquer to protect them again.

With the Brembos, you need to pick off as much flaky lacquer as possible. Then take the rest off with some fine grit wet and dry. When the wet and dry starts to go red, that's when you're down to the paint, so stop there. The calliper will probably look pink, but don't worry as the colour will come back when you re apply the new lacquer. Obviously don't wet and dry the Brembo decal as you don't want to lose it. I would say you will need at least 4-5 coats of lacquer to get a good finish.

Alternatively, you can just wet and dry the whole calliper, and completely repaint it using a high temp paint kit like the foliatec one. you will obviously need to buy some new brembo decals to replace the ones you're painting over.

I will be doing the latter I think as it will be easier and should last longer.

You can get bits for bolsters from capital seating. A Google search will yield the results.

Thanks jermal that's really useful I'll give it a go at the weekend! I just didn't want it coming back through the new laquer or discoloring. Thanks again.. L

re: your first pics
Duffields ???
Redline took pics of my felas car there, looks the same place,
also
were you ever followed to Wroxham by a silver gixer ?? you had a girl in the car, rider asked you to put ya window down and turned off just after the high street

also
were you ever followed to Wroxham by a silver gixer ?? you had a girl in the car, rider asked you to put ya window down and turned off just after the high street

:lol:

Yeah, I remember that. Very random at the time! :lol:

Oh and original pics are at Rackheath. A usual meeting point for Norfolk meets

Couple of quick updates on minor mods. Had a new rocker cover sprayed up for me prior to JAE. It arrived Thursday morning which was cutting it fine, but I decided this wasn't fine enough, so I proceeded to snap one of the rocker cover bolts when putting the new cover back on. Luckilly Honda were able to order one in and opened up at 07.30 Friday morning for me to collect (cheers Martay). So then it was a mad rush Friday morning to get the new bolt on, which unfortunately meant taking the whole bloody cover off again, re-tighten everything without snapping more bolts (was very careful and worried if truth be told) and then straight to JAE. Check for gasket leaks when I got there, but all seemed fine :cool:

Rocker cover courtesy of Spooner on the DC2 forum. This is his website:

http://www.spoonerproductions.co.uk/ (please note, prices are for B series rocker covers. K series covers will be a little dearer as they require more paint/work)

Pictures

4a653088.jpg

IMG_1700copy.jpg

IMG_1784copy.jpg

IMG_1790copy.jpg

Also, I decided to stick a bit or red rim tape to my OEM wheels. Tape is 10mm wide, which works really well on the OEM wheels I think. I was a bit skeptical at first, but they've grown on me and I really like them now. Easy mod to do for about £4

ce5b6fc6.jpg

and here it is at JAE:

IMG_1699copy.jpg

IMG_1693copy.jpg

Finally, it appears my love for Honda's and general car geekiness has started to rub off onto someone :oops:.

d9911413.jpg

bbca6411.jpg

Looking good mate! Small number plate would make the front end look sharper, a sticker on the bumper to one side?

Some serious work done on a clean bay.

Back