• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Rubbish Harv.

Jerm, before you buy. Send me any vin numbers and I'll run them through the systems at work for service history, recalls, warranty work etc

Cheers Stu. :smt023

I know it's not the most economical car, but it'll be cheaper than running two cars.

@Beard, that is the only mod I'd contemplate tbh. Well that and maybe some RS4/RS6 alloys.

:cool:

Same as the one I had, that Drew had before me.

I'd say the only mod worth bothering with is a decent catback. Mine had a Milltek and it sounded fantastic. Lovely and bassy without being intrusive.

Seconded. I miss that noise so much.

One pointer, the back seats are actually smaller than you'd think. If you're quite tall/sit far back, you won't really be able to put a kiddie seat behind you without having the sh*t kicked out of the seat back.

Seconded. I miss that noise so much.

One pointer, the back seats are actually smaller than you'd think. If you're quite tall/sit far back, you won't really be able to put a kiddie seat behind you without having the sh*t kicked out of the seat back.

Thanks for the heads up. We manage in a Corsa ATM, do I shouldn't think it will be too much of a problem! :lol:

Dare I say it the Corsa has more room, but that's probably because I can't get my seat back as far in one of those :lol:

how about a Honda Accord 2.2 CTDI ?

Compared to the German tourers on offer, there's no contest really.

Sell, buy german. Standard. I'm not a fan of audis though so BMW only!

For the money I've got to spend, the Audi offers the best package of power/age/aesthetics/what the wife prefers.

If I had a bit more money to spend, I'd probably get some M powah. E90 most probably.

Oh, one other point about the S4. The autobox has a longer final drive than the manual versions, which helps a bit with economy. The manual sits quite high in the rev range at motorway speeds :mad:

Going by the extremely exquisite piece of fluff that's in the centre today with a Norwich Audi jacket on, I know where I'd be spending my money germs ;)

early good E90 m3s are now £25K. normal 50% depreciation from new in 3 years, and they were £50K new so yeah good ones are £25k. or consider the 335i which is cheaper, and when lightly chipped is quicker than e90 m3 in straight line without the attention the m marque gets.

Not sure this is a winner Rossy!

2001_audi_a2-pic-53308.jpeg

Sad to see you are selling up mate. However good choice on a replacement! Those S4 Avant barges are definately not slow! I had a run in with one in the RX7 and to my surprise (and utter horror tbh!) I wasn't pulling on it in a straight line at all. Bloody quick for an estate! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back