• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbo's Project slow & sideways - mk1 MX5

Just had a read of this, great story what with a dink and a second mx5. Will keep my eye on this thread as owning a 5 is a itch I have had for a while now and I know I am going to have to scratch that itch at some point in the future.

Just had a read of this, great story what with a dink and a second mx5. Will keep my eye on this thread as owning a 5 is a itch I have had for a while now and I know I am going to have to scratch that itch at some point in the future.

Do it man. My MK2 was such a fun little car, they cost pennies to run, and will provide smiles for miles.

They really do cost pennies to run and parts are so widely available new and used.

Just got to watch out for the rusticles on these. When I sanded the paint back and ground any surface rust off, I did find a little filler here and there, nothing major though

The replacement wing I got on fleabay from a breakers cost me £30 in delivery and its immaculate for a 25 year old part with no rust

Just sold this last night for a decent enough price (but keeping a few choice bits to sell on)
Also done a deal on the hard top and its being collected tonight.

Back