• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Yeah, it was a big surprise for me too! I suppose that's what the highlands does to cars.

The sound deadening took ages. I chipped it off with a screwdriver, came off easily enough in the cold weather. Then scraped the sticky stuff off with the screwdriver. Then a bit of white spirits and a wire brush on the drill. Then more white spirit and a scourer sponge. THEN start on the stuff stuck to the seam sealant, that bit was soul destroying.

I weighed it afterwards, even the stuff from the hoover, so I estimate 99% of it.......... 1.1kg. And about 9 hours.

One of the things I really like about these cars is that painting a few bits of interior plastic makes such a huge difference to the feel of the whole car. Yours must look so very different with the blue interior, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh one day!

I feel for you so buddy, id be savage if i found that....well still might yet as i haven't got round to doing that bit yet as i hate it with a passion.

Have you got a quote on the repair yet and checked elsewhere for damage of the same?

A KG!!!!!!!! Where's my scraper!!!!

It makes a difference compared to cost. But like modifying all calls, some like it, some dont. Whatever you like....do...... forget the rest, yours is the best ;) Personnaly i think the katana stuff is amazing, and continueing that through the whole car in some way would be fresh as a daisy. Maybe a do jo kind of scheme :S

Feelings mutual, be a please to meet you in the future, not sure what shows im doing this year yet as i want to get some track days in but ** let you know :)

Hi mate, Fantastic thread and an epic car. Love the blue alloys, did you have them powder coated or did you do them yourself?

Rambo, dude, 1.1kg!

I've not had it to the bodyshops yet, just got it back on the road last night. I think it was just a seam that wasn't sealed properly from the factory plus ten years of highland road salt. It seems to be very localised but I'll be investigating further, the underside is the next project.

Benztyper, thanks mate! I painted the wheels myself. Cheap and cheerful, but very time consuming. The finish is nowhere near as tough as a professional job and it does chip easily, so I'll be repainting them again at some point.

Benztyper, thanks mate! I painted the wheels myself. Cheap and cheerful, but very time consuming. The finish is nowhere near as tough as a professional job and it does chip easily, so I'll be repainting them again at some point.

Very effective jimbo, I have a set of wheels I use on track days and I think blue is the way forward. You use just normal car spray paint and lacquer over the top or is it special alloy wheel paint?

Big day yesterday.

Jamieboy came over and put in a huge effort to get the brakes refitted, truly above and beyond! Massive thanks bud, I can't explain how good it was to drive the car again last night.

All brakes refitted.
New rear pads.
New braided lines.
New handbrake cables.
ATE Type 200 fluid.

Shakedown went well, the brakes feel better than ever, shame it was so cold and the roads were crazy slippery.

A few bits refurbished and primed before the interior went back in.

Jamieboy getting stuck in!

The EP3 being in the other cars parking spot lead to a very inelegant exit from the driveway...

Very effective jimbo, I have a set of wheels I use on track days and I think blue is the way forward. You use just normal car spray paint and lacquer over the top or is it special alloy wheel paint?

Blue does look good against NHB! The colour on mine is Nissan intense blue pearl, it matches the blue flake in the NHB quite well, but needs quite a few coats. I sanded with wet and dry to prep the surface, two coats of primer, five or six coats of colour and four coats of lacquer. I used Halfords rattle cans, there are of course many tougher paints available, I just like the ease of use, availability and colour options.

Not a problem mate , was good meeting you.
I seriously pity the neighbours now it's back on the road, the noise is just amazing.

Been on here since July and this is one of the 1st threads I read (it took a while, ha), quality thread. Loving all the unique bits you've put into it, like the Centre console etc.
Given me a lot of ideas and what can be done, nice work :)

Mike

Update:

The EP3's great, great grandfather is gone and been replaced with it's little sister. More details in the unmagnificent civic thread. It should allow me to give the EP3 the attention it deserves.

I had a nightmare trying to get the ****ing airbag light to go out, only for it to come back on during the drive to the mot centre. Raging. So it's sorn for a while until I have the money to sort that and the rust.

In the meantime, I'm going to start wire tucking the interior and prepping it for paint. The headlining will probably be coming out along with the carpets. The wheels would like a bit of paint too. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve of course :lol:. Minimum expenditure jobs for the next few months.

I had an idea of covering the interior wires with pipe insulation foam. I could cut and glue it to exactly follow the correct routes and spray paint it with scales. The idea being like a Japanese dragon winding around the interior of the car. Not sure about it though. I'll have to do some experimenting.

An extra pair of hands is always welcome! I'm going to call work tomorrow and tell them I'm ready to come back fairly soon, so I have no idea what will be happening over the next few weeks. Once life is back to normal I'll give you a shout and we can make some progress on both our cars.

Jimbro, are you ever interested in Crail / etc.? Your CTR is pretty intense. It would be good to chase along a country road.

I'm itching to have a go at Crail! I joined your Edinburgh sports car group, I'm not on fb much but I'll keep an eye out. It looks like I have a few months of work before I get the car back on the road, soon as it is I'm game for a few days out. Though I think that having a vette in the mirrors would scare the shizze out of my poor wee Honda!

Back