• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Cheers Steve! I was actually out on my bike last night scouting locations for a new video. I figured it was time to make a proper one instead of spur of the moment GoProing. Think I've got it all figured out, although I need to wait for my new exhaust to arrive before filming starts. I might make up a storyboard this weekend if I have time, I may also start a new thread for it and get some input.

Oh, and I also need to convince one of my friends to shoot some video for me, from a push bike, on the road, at 4am. Got some cool shots lined up, but I need an accomplice!

Did some engine bay cleaning today, after meeting Matt185 and getting told in no uncertain terms to pull my finger out and clean that bloody engine...

Between a winter of road salt and the dust storms we've been having here it was properly manky.

Before

After

I also tried painting some of the stone chips on the wing mirror with genuine honda NHB chip repair paint. It was so gash that I gave up after doing three chips. I think I'll pop down to halford tomorrow and get some spray paint, then use the old spray-some-in-the-cap-and-paint-with-a-brush trick.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! i was just reading through these comments looking for a picture of you engine bay so I could put a wee cheeky remark about 'it wasnt that clean when I seen it!' but you got to cleaning it before me :( looking good Jimbo! :D:D:D:D

Hah, well you shamed me enough at the show! It really was mingin...
It was good to meet you there bud, I'm so fricking jelous of your shiney new paint, car was looking surprisingly clean and fresh considering how far you came!

I got some resevoir socks too. But me being me, they're not mugen or spoon, they're Superman and Vans! I've also got Batman and checkered Vans in standby.

My new exhaust arrived today too! Happyhappyshiney exhaust! I jacked the car up to fit it, but the old bolts were too corroded to shift from that angle with those tools, so I gave up before I completely stripped the bolts. I'm off to find an amiable garage first thing tomorrow, see if we can sneak it onto the ramp and whip the old bolts off for £10 in the biscuit jar.

I also tried painting some of the stone chips on the wing mirror with genuine honda NHB chip repair paint. It was so gash that I gave up after doing three chips.
Haha I tried this with the many hundreds of chips on my bonnet and bumper. Did a few, looked just as bad so left it. Think im just going to have to save up for a front end respray.

nice socks dude! and oooh i like shine things! :D yeah it was good man, I sent you an invite to the next one in August, but me and the missus will be down there for a week if you want to meet up and go for a proper drive?

Haha I tried this with the many hundreds of chips on my bonnet and bumper. Did a few, looked just as bad so left it. Think im just going to have to save up for a front end respray.

yeah, that stuff is awful, it's like painting with tar. I've gone and bought a rattlecan of NHB from halfords, I'll have a go with that next week. Hopefully it will cover the white primer without going all lumpy like the touch-up paint. I'll post photos of the result. I would love a respray too, but all the places around here are quoting over a grand!

nice socks dude! and oooh i like shine things! :D yeah it was good man, I sent you an invite to the next one in August, but me and the missus will be down there for a week if you want to meet up and go for a proper drive?

I'll be there if I possibly can, won't have my rota until mid July though. Aye, if you're down for a week I know some pretty cool places to drive around these parts. The road up Cairngorm is one of my favourites.

Did you order the silenced or unsilenced b-pipe for your M2? Unsilenced is proper loud! I was laughing my ass off today on the way to work. The pops and burbles on the lift-off are magnificent.

Yeah, we went down the loch ness road on the awesome bright warm day it was, and that road is an awesome road!

Ordered the unsilenced back pipe :D Im liking how you say it pops and bangs! :D Is it raspy at all?

After one year of my rising sun themed interior, I'm thinking that it's time for a change. I want something fundamentally Japanese, something instantly recognisable, and completely unique.

I've decided to go with a panda and cherry blossom, not the most manly thing, granted, but I think it'll look awesome. I toyed with the idea of painting samurai body armour, but it was hard to make a design that was simple enough and recognisable as armour.

So heres the preliminary sketch.

Tidied up and stencil-ifyed.

Blossom added.

What do you guys think?

Not so sure on the new theme ! But rather than repainting your rising sun theme as it would be a shame to see a unique dash disappear ! why don't you swap it for a blank canvas ! Got one here if your intrested ;-)

Hah, Matt185 has dibs already, sorry bud. I think we'll be swapping them out and I'll paint his in the new scheme. I understand that it won't be to everyone's tastes, but I like it, and it's certainly unique!

Wee vid of the new exhaust. It's not exciting, but it was only intended to show off the exhaust sound.

Edit: sound quality was rubbish, see post #124 for video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I'll most likely be spray painting it, so texture is not an easy thing to do. The other option was bamboo behind the panda, I'll sketch that up as well when I have time. I think it needs some colour,

I would be interested in any spare consoles that are lying around, I'll post in the wanted section.

I read back the last two pages and can't work out what exhaust it is you just fitted. I guess I'm being thick but help a brother out ;)

Hah, you're right, I forgot to mention that...It's an M2 sport axleback on a sportex unsilenced bpipe. It makes me laugh, though I can't hear myself laughing....

Was thining about your centre console this morning, and thought how about the little tree like in karate kid (cant think what its called) it will be inkeeping with your jap seen?? just an idea

Back