• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

I was wondering on how you were going to do it, but i just read a straight swap :) with some money your way if you like? sorry for the late reply been a lot on lately, would i be getting the handles as well?

And also, loving the panda idea! I looked at some of your drawings on fb, and man you have skills!

Was thining about your centre console this morning, and thought how about the little tree like in karate kid (cant think what its called) it will be inkeeping with your jap seen?? just an idea

That's a cool idea Levers! I'll have a go at sketching that later. I'm going to sketch out a few ideas over the next few days, but I can't post anything because my laptop has the plague...

Matt, we can swap the console and handles over when you're down this way next, If you want to cover the cost of the paint that would be good for me! I'm looking for a couple spare consoles as well so I can paint a few of my other ideas just for fun, then I'll probably spread them around this forum.

Cheers bud, I think it's a great sound, funking loud though. The sportex b-pipe cost £60 delivered, and the M2 back boxes go for £156. It's a pretty cheap system, but I've been impressed with the quality of it. I think I'll replace the mild steel b-pipe with a custom stainless one when funds allow, perhaps with a small silencer to take the edge off the volume, I really don't want to lose the overrun burble though! With the bung in the voulme is pretty sensible, but I don't like the noise, sounds like a sport pretending to be a type-r....

Some photos from the Scottish TRO tour from Perth to Skye, which in the end was only myself, Mrs Themagnificent, Evl and Mrs Evl. Fun was had.

Some of the excitement included seeing a POS saxo roll twice down an embankment and hit a tree (driver wasn't hurt), and finding in the morning we'd camped on a tourist hotspot as two coachloads of americans took photos of us while we ate breakfast...

Awesome shots. I like the standard, leave birds in cars parked up...take pictures of cars.

Shot with the castle is good too. Shame it was a poor turnout, although you make it sound like you're all swingers :lol:

Swinging FTW....

Oh wait...

Any way, moving on :lol: Would have been great to make this years Scotland meet but then other half won the battle, stating that the money I'd spend on petrol would be better spent on the wedding. B*tch. :lol:

I can't believe how selfish she is :lol: Ed went out and bought a brand new phone with his wedding monies, his missus didn't seem to mind.

Awesome shots. I like the standard, leave birds in cars parked up...take pictures of cars

Yep, I think by that point we had reached the limits of their indulgence. Both refused to get out, and sat making 'they just keep talking' gestures and rolling their eyes at each other.

Would have been great to make this years Scotland meet but then other half won the battle, stating that the money I'd spend on petrol would be better spent on the wedding. B*tch. :lol:

That's a shame man, I can understand that she wouldn't compromise on her big day. Personally, I don't see the problem with plastic flowers and BYOB.

Well, the rising sun interior has gone. I'm working on a new motif, I've put the panda and cherry blossom idea on hold for now, it's going to be a samurai car!

The plan at the moment is to paint the console like samurai body armour. It will be red with overlapping plates, done with spray paint, and hand painted stitching. Something like this:

The door handles are going to be wrapped like the handle of a katana. Probably red wrap over black handle. Hopefully it will turn out like this:

It's not going to be easy to wrap the handles, it's going to need some modification and serious patience.

Only looked at the first page and your pics... loving the black type r.... wanted one after my Milano got nicked but ended up with cosmic..... do me one favour *** and remove them stupid mudflaps :)

As for the samurai centre console... ermmmmm nahhh mate keep the car standard looking and do simple but effective mods like lowering/alloy refurb/ frsu/ decent air intake and exhaust if you must.... don't make it look like a chav wagon !!!

Decent standard ep3 ctr's will be few and far between in a couple of years trust me and the value of them WILL rise :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same exhaust setup as you Jim. Do you find that lower down the revs you have lost a little power? Nice ride by the way, mine looks exactly the same apart its pre facelift

I have the same exhaust setup as you Jim. Do you find that lower down the revs you have lost a little power? Nice ride by the way, mine looks exactly the same apart its pre facelift

Without a remap you will gain nothing with an exhaust/mani apart from sound :) its more than likely you have lost some power.

Yea that was my fear. Ive also got an open air filter with a direct cold air feed, Will this lower power also?

Azazl I'm loving the exhaust, it makes an epic noise doesn't it? I haven't noticed any power gains or losses since fitting it. As gtbloke says, a remap is required before we'll make any noticeable difference to the power output, I'm waiting until I have all the intake and exhaust upgrades I want before remapping, mainly because the nearest reputable mapper to me is 7 hours drive south!

I did have an open cone induction on mine, briefly. I found the throttle response was ruined, and it was very succeptable to heatsoak, so I took it off after a couple of weeks and put the standard box back on. It ruined the car around town. I'm saving for an Itg maxogen or mugen box.

Gtbloke, lol, the mudflaps came off the day after I bought it! I know that my mods are sometimes a bit marmite. I'm not doing anything irreversable to my car. I'm slowly refurbishing the entire car, many parts have been refurbished or replaced with genuine honda parts, everything that comes off is cleaned and stored for later replacement.

I'm really tight on money at the moment, due to pilot training loans at a whopping 100k! So I'm messing about and doing what I can for now. I like making my cars unique, and I have a goofy sense of humour and style. I like samurai dashboards, and katana handles. I like the wookie hanging from my mirror. I like the massive japcan hanging out the back.

Back