• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Jokes buddy. I've got the other two sanded, filled and ready for paint now. The more I look at the new colour the more I like it, that was a stroke of luck choosing it by impulse from the name without ever seeing it in the flesh.

I think it's wicked but I am biased lol. I'm Already plotting a further set of evo biccies but different style in another darker shade this time

Sent from the necronomiPhon

The car spent the day in Automek today, what a great bunch of guys. I even got a lift to the station in a badass supra!

New laser iridium plugs.
Engine flushed, oil and filter changed.
New front droplinks.
Valve clearances adjusted.
Engine and gearbox mount inserts fitted.
Timing chain checked (clean bill of health, thank fook!).
Brakes given a good going over.
Nasty-ass rotten heatshield removed.
Most importantly - Free sticker!

All for a very reasonable price, and lots of car candy hanging around to perv on. I'd definitely recommend them to anybody near Glasgow.

The car's feeling great, and I'm enjoying total peace of mind for the first time since buying it. Today was so full of win.

Automek are a class act, top workmanship, excellent service , amazing knowledge and brilliant prices. Won't let anyone else near my car :D.

Just refurbishing the brakes with new pistons, seals and fluid. There's something not quite right with them, once you get some heat into them the pedal feel is inconsistant. All we could think of was air in the hoses or abused fluid. Either that or I'm just reaching the limits of the standard calipers. There's no way I'm spending £1500 on new brakes, so I'll just make the best of what I have.

I've recently spent a lot of time searching for a couple of pretty rare (and top secret) parts. They won't really make the car any faster, but then I really don't need to make this car any faster until I learn to drive it better. So I'm focusing on driving pleasure. These parts will be highly pleasurable.

I have HEL braided lines on already, though admittedly they could be the problem; they did come from Tegiwa. I also don't trust the garage that fitted them.

I'm guessing super blue is brake fluid? I'll go with whatever Automek recommend. I need to go back for one more 'free' sticker! I've decided that there is too much red on the outside of my car to match the new wheel colour. I'm thinking about removing the Type-R decals on the skirts, I think that appropriately colour-coded Automek stickers may serve rather well as a substitute. Really I'm just making excuses to go back, feels like home after only one day there!

Also, have a look on their fb for a pick of my engine bay. Made me feel important and loved...

Super blue is what Andrew recommends :). It's what I have in mine, doesn't need changing as often as the motul stuff , ask him about hel lines, he hates them :)

Cheers guys.

The blue has created a strange effect; front H badge looks a bit like a big red clown nose now, and it never did before. Weird.

I may look into different coloured badges, but I'm not overly concerned about it.

The more I look at it the more I like it, I like the red H, i don't think blue would look right and I don't like black H's on type r's.

Back