• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Just got this email this morning:

Hi

Right o.k we are packaging up your items this morning to send out:

• ***** harness black
  • ***** harness RED
  • Bride bucket seat
  • Bride rail
  • Side mounts
  • Redline P1 (Arriving about 10 days from new batch)
Looking over the paper work several times again and again, I noticed Bride have sent us a black seat with silver shell (I can send you a photo)

I am looking at the original invoice and its showing RED! I think Bride have sent us the wrong colour which after this amount of time would be a "head hit wall" moment.
Can you confirm the colour required? I have spoken to them about availability and I can see red could be express shipped by DHL at some premium cost but I could do if required?

Sooooo.....

That would be nice, it could be my gaming chair!

I've just been badgering them on the phone. A new RED one should be leaving Japan in the next week and coming by airmail. I told them I needed it for JAE, and I laid it on pretty thick tbh, so hopefully things will be sorted soon.

In other news, the prep for JAE has begun, it's actually given me a much needed kick up the backside; the harness bar is now matt black and it's going to have katana style wrapping between the loops, black next to the red harness and vice versa. That is if I can find long enough shoe laces or other material that would do the job. I'm also working on a new console that should be ready for JAE, again with the samurai and rising sun theme, but I'm really going to town on this one. If I get time I'll respray the cam cover and make a start at spraying the interior matt black.

I do have a week of leave next month to get on with the spraying, but I also have to move house at some point over the next month. This will be the EP3s 6th home, and I've not even had it three years yet. BUT this one has a garage, driveway and hose!

I've been talking to GSM Performance about my seats, and I must say that they are excellent to deal with. They are moving heaven and earth to get my new seat here asap. The other seat, harnesses and mounts should be here very soon too.

I've also just got some maHOOsive shoelaces through the post today (355cm, nearly double my height!), so ito wrapping the harness bar will start as soon as I have an entire day with nothing to do.... I can't even explain how laborious this will be. The door handle inserts take me about 3 hours per pair; this is about five times the length, requires diamond cross-overs on both sides and is a far more awkward shape. Also, once you start, you can't stop until it's finished.

If I come out of this with my mind and fingers intact it will be a miracle. If I don't, then please remember me as I was, and know that I sacrificed myself for something unnecessary, frivolous and gratuitous.

Virtually everything to do with our cars is unnecessary, frivolous, and gratuitous. And if it isn't a sacrifice of ourselves it most certainly is our sanity and wallet.

Good luck. :lol:

Just reading through your thread. I drive the A82 seven days a week! It's a great road on a good day, dangerous on a poor day!
I'll look out for you passing lol

Just reading through your thread. I drive the A82 seven days a week! It's a great road on a good day, dangerous on a poor day!
I'll look out for you passing lol

Yeah, it's a real Jekyll and Hyde road that one! Just look out for blue wheels and a big smile, that will be me.

Back