• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

It just so happens I'm doing mine the other way round; restored the headlights today making the car look ten times better, and slowly looking towards working on the paint. Bought a DA, clay, the whole lot ready but the lights were the main reason for looking into it all. Going to post up a build thread tomorrow once I have a few more pictures.

This is the product I've been looking at for the headlights after some recommendations from a professional detailer, unfortunately a professional price but does last up to three years apparently. Can be used on paint, glass etc too.

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/cgi-bin/ecom.cgi?Command=ShowProduct&db_pid=946

I've been using Meguiars last touch instead of the quick detailer, similar but not quite the same use I think. It's great for finishing off the car and smells nice as a bonus. Would definitely recommend Meguiar's stuff

Also wax first, then seal.

I did not know that. Lucky I read it before going nuts with the sealer. Cheers buddy!

I spent all Monday on the car. Headlights are done and look great. I used wet and dry 800, 1500, 2500, rubbing compound, autoglym SRP, wonder wheels sealant and mer wax. Not the usual technique, but it was what I had lying around, and I'm flat broke this month. Took a couple hours though.

It just so happens I'm doing mine the other way round; restored the headlights today making the car look ten times better, and slowly looking towards working on the paint.

This is a much more sensible approach, I can't explain what it looked like afterwards without admitting to having watched some pretty gnarly adult entertainment..... Sooooo.... after I washed the car again....a quick blast with meguiars detailer then two coats of mer wax (which smells like rainbows and Emma Watson). Windows properly cleaned and treated with dodo juice supernatural sealant.

Aaaand it's already covered in dust ](*,)

Love the colour of you wheels! good choice

Lucky choice! I spent ages choosing, then found Nissan intense blue pearl and bought it on the strength of the name without ever seeing the actual colour. It's beautiful in the flesh, goes from a deep midnight blue at night to a glorious electric blue in the sun.

I need to repaint them soon, they've been on and off so many times in the last year that there's a bunch of chips around the....um... nut-holes (There must be a proper word for them?). I'll almost certainly be painting them the same colour again.

I know that frustration well, washed the car last weekend only for there to be so called sahara rain a day or two after. Looked like I'd been off roading through the desert.

I've got the Gtechniq Perfect Glass Care Kit to try out, should clean up and seal the glass nicely. My dad wanted something for his toy (BRZ) and the generic stuff we had was close to running out.

Also wax first, then seal.

SEAL first, then wax.

Waxes are generally petroleum distillate based, and tend to need to breathe, so lie better over the synthetic sealants.
Otherwise you can end up with a bit of cloudiness of the underlying wax layer, or hazing.

I usually seal with something like Gtechniq C1.5 or C2, then top if I'm in the mood, with Raceglaze '55'

For the more cost conscious, AutoGlym EGP topped with Megs #16 or Collinite 476s would give masses of protection.
Werkstatt Prime, topped with Sonax BSD is a cracking combo, and both products are very affordable.

SEAL first, then wax.

Oh fcuking hell, I didn't realise I put it that way round. Sorry Jimbo.

Seal first for sure :lol: sealant won't bond well to wax. And as per JMR said, you may have some issues with hazing and it is a cnut to start again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: huge typo, that's why I mentioned EGP first then 476s

She's come up a treat with the machine polish! You're much braver than me! Colour of the wheels are different, I like them! :)

LOL. I leant my sealant to my neighbour so haven't put it on top of the wax yet. Close one though! I am far too trusting.

Cheers JMR, I'll have a look at those soon as payday comes, then I just need to wash all the wax off.....

Another excellent trip to the Top Secret West Coast Type-R Facility yesterday (Jamieboy's workshop :lol:). Very few pictures as I was having too much fun spraying everything in sight with my new sandblaster. It's my new favourite thing in the world.

I had the front bumper off looking for an escapee allen key, so I took the time to tidy up some of the nasty stuff back there. The useless bumper supports were in an appalling state, so they're in the bin. I also attacked any bit of corrosion or bad paint I could get to with the sand blaster then cleaned it up and repainted.

Jamieboy took her out for a spin, the smile on his face when he got back renewed my faith in this car and the effort that's gone into it. I also realised just how far away you can hear it :twisted:

WTF Honda?

Just had a little note from Royal mail saying they are holding "jimbo the seconds" parcel until further payment of £3.17

So hopefully I can collect it in the next couple of days. I cant wait

Thanks again bud!

Just had a little note from Royal mail saying they are holding "jimbo the seconds" parcel until further payment of £3.17

So hopefully I can collect it in the next couple of days. I cant wait

Thanks again bud!

D*mn! A first class stamp doesn't get you much these days! Sorry bud, I'm pretty surprised about that.

What a car to drive, so much more responsive than the fn2, more predictable, fun and sweet Jesus the noise from it is amazing.
Cracking car mate seriously well done.
The car parks absolutely caked in sand lol. So was I when I got in last night.
Good wee day yesterday bud

Yeah, lessons learnt, find a good way of catching the sand, and do it further away, and wear a boiler suit... I'm still finding sand in some rather intimate areas. I will come back with my broom!

jimbo great thread and the car looks awesome have just finished reading it all took me a while to say the least haha just curious at what type of polisher you got as i have a cosmic and it looks so bad in the sun with all its swirls it annoys me, also how hard is it to do im pretty much a noob and dont want to go making things worse

Back