• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

johngreen537's Milano EP3! Neuspeed ARB's! Bonnet Wrap!

They are, light come out of them 'normal' colour, so my white headlamp bulbs shine through white, and the indicators come through orange. Light brightness is 'marginally' down, nothing more substantial than having a dirty light though!
Just more of the bright chrome gash gone :)

Shiny Milano is awesome, but it was overcast in the pics, so makes it look much better than it is TBH! As soon as any proper sunlight comes out, you can see the pinking on the top panels and bootlid. Pain really as once you've noticed it, that's all you can see!

More wrapping coming I think!

Presumably you had to take the front lights to bits to wrap the insides, is it easy to do? I've got a load of dust on the inside of my lights and need to clean them out.

OMG The headlights look awful.

Paintwork looks good and the spoiler looks fantastic.

Fly eyes are legal. A guy on detailing world who had two VXRs and now has the RS uses it and he is a very picky man so they must be pretty good. But I agree with Chevs I dont think they suit it at all. Each to their own I suppose though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like them, was certain many people wouldn't though :D
Easy to fit, and you leave you lights in place to do it.
Literally stick it over the headlamp, trim loosely around it and push the edges into the gaps with a credit card type tool.
Takes 30 mins tops.

Joe, the paintwork is pants. The bonnet has lacquer peel and all sorts of crap marks on it. The roof is slightly faded, but not major, and the boot lid is nearly pink! Looks good out of direct sunlight though!

Spoiler is one of the hardest things I've had to wrap yet! The underside of it is a little sketchy though, but well hidden!

Gary, do you mean carbon wrap, or the fly eyes?

How easy is the carbon wrap to use? and which type do you use? I think it looks pretty good, just worried i will be pulling my hair out using it as it normally makes terrible creases.

Depends how much patience you have mate! I've been doing it for a few years now, so find 90% of things very simple.
I've done everything from interiors to almost full cars (wrote mine off before I finished the wrap!)

You really need to start by wrapping some small bits and bobs, then progress gradually to larger & more complex things.
If you just bought some, and went straight for a bonnet, you'd probably loose! :) But start off with some small interior type stuff till you get the feel of how the material works, how much you need to heat it, how much you can strech it without deforming the pattern too much etc, then keep trying harder things.
Easy, not at first, but once you are used to it, it's more about pateince and finesse!
Made a vid a while back for another forum! Shows you small interior bits, so you can see generally how it goes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmlAArgEXMk[video=youtube;tmlAArgEXMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmlAArgEXMk[/video]

Crap vid really, blurry and all sorts, but you get the idea how it works!

Yeah the pinking is an ar$e. I have it on mine. Need a detail & polish but really need a new front bumper first as it's battered to fcuk.

The pinking isn't 'that' bad, but the bonnet has lacquer peel patches.
Problem is, if I get it blown over, then the rest of the paint WILL look stupidly pink, which I'm sure will impress the kids, but look damn sh!te.
Don't really wanna go full out respray either, just too much money to lash out for the sake of poxy lacquer peel!

Carbon wrapping seems the all round sensible option! Either that, or take my chances on a eBay / scrappy bonnet, which could be as bad as mine anyway!

and which type do you use?

Didn't see that bit, sorry!
I DON'T use 3M. I don't like it. Contravetial as they are widely considered the ultimate in wrapping vinyl. BUT, I find it looks rather blue in colour!
When it's on it's own, you wouldn't see it, but next to another wrap (I use a lot, so I import Oracal Air Free stuff) it's almost navy blue!

New toys!

Just been to collect my new toys :D

Neuspeed, 27mm Front ARB, poly bushes, you name it :)

61%20(4).jpg

Rear ARB, 22mm, poly bushes, 10mm thick alloy subframe strengthener!
62%20(4).jpg

Couple of niggles with the stickers, but otherwise, mint!
5f%20(5).jpg

thanks mate, im going to give it ago around the stereo and gear knob etc first, then if succesful will move onto the door cards and dash. Im not normally great at doing this kind of stuff, totally duffed up the window tints on my last car and completely lost my rag with it. Is it easily removed if it goes wrong? and also how much is it?
Thanks

Stereo bits aren't hard mate, but I've done nearly 50 of them now!
Just take your time and be careful :D Clean it with surgical spirit 1st too, make sure there is no grease on it!
It's easy removed yeah, but you'll probably loose some paint in the process! So you'll need to respray or retouch it!
I can sell you one already done if you don't want the hassle :D
I sell the usually on ebay for £80 ish, but if you send me yours back, I can do it for £45 inc postage. Can also flush in a aftermarket stereo facia too if you want.

I buy in bulk, usually 5-10 metres a time, as I do a fair bit, soI can send you enough for your dash for a tenner too if you want! PM Me :D

EBay mate :) Bargain at £150 for both too! Proper chuffed! Neuspeed.com sell them around $700 a pair!

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

Tonight for rear, tomorrow for front all going to plan, and the mrs not moaning :)

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

Back