• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

JRSC Is In and Running :)

Peter Pan

I aint posting no more!
Well where do I start, trip down on Thursday morning to CPL in Sherness started out at 5.30 am and arrived at 9.00 am :)

Firstly we had to gett eh car MOT`ed was due in a week so decided to get that done while I was down there, fitted charger on Thursday, fitted standard header and CAT back on, (played with Guys car on the Dyno ready for Sunday) and then Friday got my car MOTed in the morning then spent most of the afternoon mapping it :)

I wont go on on and on, just to say many many thanks to Guy and his wife Lynn, Guy had me hanging about all day, asking all manner of daft questions that he wa sonly to happy to answer and explain and talk me through things, also Lynn made me some excellent sandwiches :) so hats off to her.

Also a big thanks to Evilowl for coming down and going out with me and Guy some a drink and some beers, was very much appreciated and I will deffo get you dinner/lunch one day Ross :)

Guy stopped with me most of Thursday night and stopped in the Hotel drinking :wink: dont think I drank that much :)

Early start on Friday after a great English Breakfast and the fun on the dyno began :)

Well Ill let the graph speak for itself........................

Dyno1.jpg

As you can see im well happy with the results, and that is some serious power to be chucking about, I will be honest and add that thats a race spec map, and we did tame it down (just a bit for the road :twisted: )

The cars running 9 PSI and the drive back was amazing fun, I seriously cant believe how fast the thing is, its totally awsome is the only real way to describe it, had a quick play down the motorway on the way back but didnt break no speed limits :lol:

All I can say is I understand the N/A purists out there, and fully understand where they are coming from when they say, they want to stop N/A all Ill say is have a go in a boosted Civic (I was lucky enough to have a go in Julians Hovablackctr) and after that was totally hooked :)

I aint going to come out with N/A is Gay Boosted Is Best but I deffinately think that boosted is way to go :)

Once again many thanks to Guy at CPL and Lynn for putting up with me especially Guy as having me under your feet for 2 days is enough to get on anyones tits :)

Ill see anyone coming to Santa Pod this Sunday there, and may even run it :) I been on my local test track hence the time posting this, and practiced a few launches so should be ok :)

I also wish Guy all the best this Sunday in the Pro Shoot out ok he the only FWD car there, and is not running as much power as most, but I know he is going for it :twisted: and as they say anything can happen in Drag Racing :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 4 psi my Arse :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one pete,

Mines going in TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Looks very impressive Pete.

You sound a very happy man 8)
Are you running at the Pod this weekend to test it out :twisted: :?:

Great stuff matey, and no probs on dinner - was my pleasure

Hmmm I might be tempted to go the way of the supercharger next year sometime. Depends if I decide to keep mine or go for something with two seats and RWD :lol:

Is that 287 @ wheels or fly?

less 18% would be about the 235 mark if it was at the fly so how does that compare?
I know Scott made 240 @ wheels when he went down for his 9psi. :wink:

tp said:

less 18% would be about the 235 mark if it was at the fly so how does that compare?

Fly, and its sounds 8)

P Reddy said:
tp said:

Fly, and its sounds 8)

:shock:
I know a certain NA car with 2.2 stroker making bigger numbers than that. :wink: :twisted:

Both now tested on the same dyno as well.

tp said:
P Reddy said:
tp said:

Fly, and its sounds 8)

I know a certain NA car with 2.2 stroker making bigger numbers than that. :wink: :twisted:

Costs so much more to get that sort of power thou with staying N/A,
Anyway Pete is already planning cams now too.

I expect my car to make around the same sort of figs as Petes

But I need to get Diff/clutch before upping it any further, and I will get
it stroked too.

P Reddy said:
tp said:
P Reddy said:
tp said:

Fly, and its sounds 8)

Costs so much more to get that sort of power thou with staying N/A,
Anyway Pete is already planning cams now too.

I expect my car to make around the same sort of figs as Petes

But I need to get Diff/clutch before upping it any further, and I will get
it stroked too.

I know what you mean. If I was to do it all again I would go boosted.
Its cost me and Paul a fortune to get anywhere near those power figures NA and everything you do is for really small gains now.
Boosted is definatly the way forward. :twisted:

P Reddy said:
Could you not get your set up JRSC'd????????

Yes. But cams would need to come out.......again. :roll: :lol:
I also do about 1000miles a week as well as racing so it may be more expensive when it comes to rebuild time.

I have plans to stay NA especially after what I have seen with the new Toda parts coming out.

Dare to be different. :wink:

If I was to go boosted it would cost me £5K+ to do it properly. Its cost Ryan £10K+.
At the end of the day its still a civic and worth no more than book value.
If I was going to spend that much I would chop my car in, add that money to it and get a car tha is already boosted and with a designed chassis that can handle the power.

You know you can pick up NSX's for £13K now? Also a nice 10 second R32 from as little as £13K.
Thats where my boosting budget will probably go. :twisted:

tp said:
P Reddy said:
tp said:

Fly, and its sounds 8)

TP, Just to clear this up Pete's car made 230 at the wheels on my dyno yesterday, it went to System R this morning and ran 245 at the wheels so it's not conclusive that Paul's car actually makes more power than Pete's. The 287 figure is a flywheel figure that was achieved with a race map.

CPL Racing said:
tp said:
P Reddy said:
tp said:

Fly, and its sounds 8)

TP, Just to clear this up Pete's car made 230 at the wheels on my dyno yesterday, it went to System R this morning and ran 245 at the wheels so it's not conclusive that Paul's car actually makes more power than Pete's. The 287 figure is a flywheel figure that was achieved with a race map.

Ahh right ok.
Paul made more at wheels on his dyno with his 2.2 and cams so it does point to it being more powerfull than his "girly" map then that made 245. :wink: :lol:

Its nice to know finally what the difference is though. 8)

Edit: And good luck to you both tomorrow. :wink:

CPL Racing said:
tp said:
P Reddy said:
tp said:

Fly, and its sounds 8)

This is why when you tune your car, it is always best to use the same dyno??????

I know this was done purely for a comparason, I think all to often people can get wrapped up in figures, Does it really matter if somebody elses car has 10bhp more than another, I think not. As long as you are happy with the results, its more important to have drivable/usable power, rather than the old Bull-sh1te figures we used to get in days gone by with Cossies!!!!(Barge) I would much rather have 230 @wheels with good delivery than 270 all at the top end, and ready to explode!!!

Correct, I got Guy to ease my map back some for daily usage, as 230 at the wheels is plenty (or 245 on the System R Dyno with same map)

I aint getting into an argument about whats got more BHP than what and what dyno is right or wrong, is to be honest its pointless the comparrison was made with both tuners knowing what was being done, they then both know the difference for the dyno.

Good to see you guys again, Pete/Carl,

Now lets pray for dry roads over the next few weeks :twisted:

Back