• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just bought a AEM CAI EP3

:D :D second hand. Just waiting now for it to arrive.

Hasnt got any fitting instruction apparently but has everything else plus a K & N cleaning kit.

Can anyone give us any pointers on fitting ( dont want to remove the bumper) plus photos?

Word of advice... beware of big water puddles!

I've never had one but iirc you have to remove the front bumper to install it and moving the battery a bit helps with installing it. I'm sure someone a bit more clued up on it will come along and give some better advice.

You don't have to remove the bumper, remove the front left wheel and pull back the wheel arch lining.

Get ready for cut knuckles :)

its very easy to fit. as dotty says, passenger wheel off, liner off and cut knuckles!

Dead easy to fit. Didnt even take the arch liner off fully, removed half the clips and just bent it down.

Fed the pipe in from the wheel arch and up through to the inlet.

Took me about 40 mins to remove the old standard box and fit the new aem cai.

Plus about 10 mins extra to get tools out and remove/refit the wheel.

Anyone who is thinking of paying someone to fit one of these please dont as its dead easy.

My ass dyno tells me that it feels smoothing and seems to rev more freely.

Plus off course there is more noise. Can be driven with only a little more noise than standard below 4500 rpm but when you open it up the noise is just ace

watch out for puddles??? you mean BIG time over flow drain???

you gotta be asking for it if you drive through a LARGE river on purpose

watch out for puddles??? you mean BIG time over flow drain???

you gotta be asking for it if you drive through a LARGE river on purpose

You must have gone through some deep puddle at night without realising it?

This is the only downfall with this kit.

No problem at all so far with this kit and dont think we have had a dry day that ive used the car in yet!!!

Good old english weather

Does anyone know how you go about cleaning one of these? Is it easily possible to do with just removing the wheel lining instead of front bumper. I am struggling to make a desicion to either buy the Aem cai or the Aem V2 :rolleyes:

Theres no need to take off the bumper, just undo the arch liner and un screw the jublee clip thing (i guess thats what its called) and pull the filter off the pipe. Get a K&N cleaning kit, clean it and put it back in once dry.

I have just got mine(aem cai) and installed it a few days ago. realy easy to fit just take out the old airbox, take off wheel, move arch liner out of the way, get the AEM pipe in (if you put it in from
the top, the ground cable from the battery will be in the way and may need to be flexed out the way, plug all the hoses and sensor back in, put the filter on, wheel on and off you go.

I have come from a hondata modded airbox (quiet) now with the CAI the noise is awsome at vtec crossover (standard exhuaust), I also have a Mugen front bumper so their is direct air flow to the filter.

Without the Aem CAI the type r crossover is not distinguishable IMHO, get the CAI and my VTEC goes BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHH:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these defiantly worth it over the v2? Because im unsure which to get, are the cai's really at that much risk unless you go into water about a foot deep? Would you be looking at better gains over the v2, cant understand why the v2 is more expensive tbh

Last edited by a moderator:
Back