• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just curious + a little advise (all done now)

Guys, i'm gonna be getting myself the Meg's clay bar treatment as i've noticed when waxing the car (i use megs NXT wax) that it doesn't go on quite so smoothly, seems harder to wipe/buff off and more importantly when i'm putting it on it seems to have little bits/lumps in it.

Now i presume from what i've read that these little bits/lumps are general road grim/impurities etc that build up after time on the paintwork and the only way to get rid is by the clay bar treatment??

Anyway i've also noticed that alot of peeps use this stuff:- http://shop.meguiars.co.uk/images/stock/M2611Hitech_Yellow_Wax_s.gif
after doing the clay bar treatment and i was wondering if there is any reason for this or is it ok to just use the NXT wax?

Sorry for a long winded post but any help would be appreciated.

When i clayed mine i just NXT waxed it straight away. :wink: Although it was kinda a waste of due to the fact someone drove down the side of it 3 days later!! :x :evil: :x

I find the NXT very easy to use anyway, but its even better after using the clay stuff. My top is to play around getting the amount of detailer spray right, too little and the clay sticks and smudges on the paint work, too much and you waste loads :lol:

The clay bar is a fantatsic concept which I mastered over the weekend :wink:

Trouble is the stone chips are far more noticeable and the front of mine is peppered in them :cry:

Bazzer said:

Trouble is the stone chips are far more noticeable and the front of mine is peppered in them :cry:

Nice excuse for a carbon bonnet and new front bumper! :lol:

Dynax said:
Bazzer said:

Nice excuse for a carbon bonnet and new front bumper! :lol:

LOL, but I'm not into body kits and styling, I would rather put my money into the performance enhancements :wink:

After you've clay'd the car go for a pure polish before the wax. Meg's #7 is ideal, you'll notice the difference. NXT can be layered, so add another coat 12- 24 hours after the first. This will protect your polished finish for longer.

Mylee said:
After you've clay'd the car go for a pure polish before the wax. Meg's #7 is ideal, you'll notice the difference. NXT can be layered, so add another coat 12- 24 hours after the first. This will protect your polished finish for longer.

Sound advice.

Try stage 2 after the clay before NXT as it is available off the shelf from Halfraurds. :wink:

tommyturbo said:
Sound advice.

Try stage 2 after the clay before NXT as it is available off the shelf from Halfraurds. :wink:

Right so at the risk of sounding stupid, i DONT just clay bar and them apply NXT wax, i should:-

1) Wash the car with NXT shampoo
2) Dry off them do the clay bar treatment
3) Use stage 2 polish
4) Wax using NXT wax

Yes mate DC 2 is very important as this is what gives you a deep rich gloss.

Top tip is to wipe it on with a microfibre cloth and wipe it off nearly straight away.

DO NOT let it dry or you will struggle getting it off.

Cloths are 99p each from Tesco's.

tommyturbo said:
Yes mate DC 2 is very important as this is what gives you a deep rich gloss.

Top tip is to wipe it on with a microfibre cloth and wipe it off nearly straight away.

DO NOT let it dry or you will struggle getting it off.

Cloths are 99p each from Tesco's.

Cool, so you'd defo suggest DC 2 rather than the #7 or#26 stuff that other suggest?

What does the DC 2 stuff do that the NXT wax doesn't straight after the clay bar?

I just suggested DC2 because you can but it off the shelf and is designed with the amateur like us in mind.

DC 2 is polish which will bring out the colour in your paint but will offer no protection until you but a wax on top.

NXT has VERY mild cleaners in it but will offer protection after the DC 2. Also it is a good product to maintain the deep shine (once you have it) due to the cleaners in it. Repeat this once a month or as much as you like really and wash with NXT wash and a mitt.

Remember preparation is the key to a proper glossy wet look shine. The more you prep the better the shine so if you have a full day at it try using DC1 as well.

Like I said, once you have a good shine the NXT will keep it for around six months IMO until you have to get the clay and DC2 out again.

Try reading this forum as there are many knowledgeable people on here

http://shop.meguiars.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

tommyturbo said:
I just suggested DC2 because you can but it off the shelf and is designed with the amateur like us in mind.

DC 2 is polish which will bring out the colour in your paint but will offer no protection until you but a wax on top.

NXT has VERY mild cleaners in it but will offer protection after the DC 2. Also it is a good product to maintain the deep shine (once you have it) due to the cleaners in it. Repeat this once a month or as much as you like really and wash with NXT wash and a mitt.

Remember preparation is the key to a proper glossy wet look shine. The more you prep the better the shine so if you have a full day at it try using DC1 as well.

Like I said, once you have a good shine the NXT will keep it for around six months IMO until you have to get the clay and DC2 out again.

Try reading this forum as there are many knowledgeable people on here

http://shop.meguiars.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

Once again cheers bud and i'll have a mooch around the above forum.

Sorry to hijack your thread monkey boy.....but tommy can you give me some info your your HID light conversion, Cheers bud.

Mylee said:
Sorry to hijack your thread monkey boy.....but tommy can you give me some info your your HID light conversion, Cheers bud.

Just done a HID conversion :wink:

tommyturbo said:
Result of Clay, DC2, NXT Kev.

Ooowwww, very nice chap

I stopped at my local halfrauds after work tonight and picked me up the clay bar treatment but they seem to be behind most other branchs that others say they have visited as they said they'd only just got their 1st lot of stock in and it is only a trial to see how well it sells so they only had half the range and didn't have the DC2 that i wanted as well. :evil: :evil:

Back