• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K-Pro or K-100?

Hello people!

I'm sure this questions been asked a million times but I need some adivce on what chip to go with. I'm quite certain it's got to be a Hondata for my CTR but which one?

Is the K-Pro worth the extra money or not? what are the pros and cons of each?

Also I live in London so where would be the best place to get this done?

My sole mod is an AEM CAI!

You can access kpro yourself and upload free maps, K100 can only be accessed by your tuner.

mmm you only have AEM, i'd get a kpro so you can run a free map, then once you have a few mods go and get it mapped at TDi south.

You can access kpro yourself and upload free maps, K100 can only be accessed by your tuner.

mmm you only have AEM, i'd get a kpro so you can run a free map, then once you have a few mods go and get it mapped at TDi south.

Cheers mate, but what do you mean buy free map? and where can I get them from?

Would the car not need to be on rolling roaded?

Would the car not need to be on rolling roaded?

In a perfect cost free world yes.

In most case's the mods that are done to CTR are all the same, filter, header, exhaust.

So the maps tend to be very similar.

So if someone was running the same mods as yourself, even down to the brand names you could just copy their map and upload it to your ECU via the Kpro. Then you have the new fueling map for your car. These maps are available on teh internet.

The Kpro allows you to do this as it has a USB connection to allow you to plug into it and upload the new map, K100 does not.

K100's need to be modified by a tuner.

Both systems ideally need a rolling road to get the best from them.

I have a K100 as I dont really need the option to cahnge the map myself, 1 - because I dont change my mods that often. 2 - I dont trust myslef or the map off the internet enough. 3 - I like teh idea of the map being for 'my' car, not just generic car.

There are a few other perks to having a KPro such as datalogging and the like but I dont really understand that so I stay well away.

If you can afford the KPro get it, you MAY use the extra facilites, if you want to save a little and dont mind the pros mapping your car go for the K100.

Hope this helps.

:)

Thanks alot all!!!

I think im gona go K-Pro, but ** have a word with Artech first.

Has anyone got any feedback on either CPL or TDI compared with Artech when it comes to the mapping or are they all similar in terms of getting the best out of the car?

Has anyone got any feedback on either CPL or TDI compared with Artech when it comes to the mapping or are they all similar in terms of getting the best out of the car?

This can be a sticky spot mate, as a lot of people are friends with a lot of teh compnays you mentioned, so they always big up their respective company and stay loyal.

TBH most of the time the choice comes down to location, if your near TDi North go there, if CPL go there.

I will always go to Artech though as I like how these guys work and am happy with the results and information I get from them.

After talking to a few mates my second choice would be TDi north.

I've herd great thing about TDI North but its a bit of a slap from here, and CPL have built a good few cars but I havnt herd from anyone thats had any work done by them.

This is the first iv herd about Artech, but from what i hear, they are what im looking for....

..... thanks for the info lads........ much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Why does everyone forget about TDi south :lol: TDi south mate is near bluewater iirc I'd give them and Artech a bell mate

Why does everyone forget about TDi south :lol: TDi south mate is near bluewater iirc I'd give them and Artech a bell mate

Didn't forget them mate, and I've seen alot of their work and spent a lot of time there with other mates cars, its just the price difference between the two kinda makes me feel that the trip up north aint so bad. A couple of my mates have had a lot of work done by them, and they are really good and very helpful..... but the bills have been hefty!

If I could afford it, theres no doubt id be in TDI South NOW! lol, but unfortunately I cant!
So ** probably have a word with Artech and see what they offer... as theres been alot of good feedback on them!

Didn't forget them mate, and I've seen alot of their work and spent a lot of time there with other mates cars, its just the price difference between the two kinda makes me feel that the trip up north aint so bad. A couple of my mates have had a lot of work done by them, and they are really good and very helpful..... but the bills have been hefty!

If I could afford it, theres no doubt id be in TDI South NOW! lol, but unfortunately I cant!
So ** probably have a word with Artech and see what they offer... as theres been alot of good feedback on them!

TDI south would be a good shout for me, but when you say the bills are more, is it by much?
where abouts is artech?

google says its 1hr 10mins away, or two hrs if i fancy going through london on the a roads...no thank you!

TDI south would be a good shout for me, but when you say the bills are more, is it by much?
where abouts is artech?

Labour around £80ph
Dyno around £85ph from when the car enters the dyno room.... it takes around half an hour just to hook up a two drive car to the hubs!

Its not a massive difference but it adds up if your getting alot of work done! But as i've said before if you've got the money and willing to spend, they wont do you wrong!!!

thats a bit cheeky isnt it? i think i will have a ring about when it comes to it then :lol: cheers for the warning

thats a bit cheeky isnt it? i think i will have a ring about when it comes to it then :lol: cheers for the warning

Well, they've got a very good reputation when it comes to there work and they do use hub dyno's which are more expensive, but yeah, i do find it a bit cheeky!
Theres no harm in giving them a ring, atleast that way you no for your self!

BTW Sam there is very clued up on CTR's (He's got one) and for suspension set up, I would consider him as thats his "thing"

Well, they've got a very good reputation when it comes to there work and they do use hub dyno's which are more expensive, but yeah, i do find it a bit cheeky!
Theres no harm in giving them a ring, atleast that way you no for your self!

BTW Sam there is very clued up on CTR's (He's got one) and for suspension set up, I would consider him as thats his "thing"

oh wicked, well you get what you pay for ive allways said so if they are clued up and not ripoff merchants then serious contenders to artech as im sort of in the middle-ish.
hub dynos? are they more accurate? ive heard artech and tdi both differ with regards to bhp readouts

Back