• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW: Rota Torques in gunmetal

The standard brakes don't inspire confidence, I have had to brake suddenly on numerous occasions for reasons out of my control (for example last week, the plank on the gate at work mistakenly pressed the button to lower the barrier as I was driving towards it) and TBH I shat it whilst braking hard.

True :D

Thanks Charlotte. Spacers front and back?

Just the front, they sit alot closer to the wheels than yours to :lol:

Brakes3.jpg

Brakes4.jpg

No idea about how to do that, could be expensive :lol:

Well if Tom says 5mm is OK, then it's OK :D

Cheers Charlotte, you just saved me a few quid for 3mm spacers!

QualityStreetCarton.jpg

Did you really think the OEM brakes were that bad. I personally thought for a car with that kind of power they did the job pretty well. Obviously, if you have to brake suddenly it's going to put the frighteners up you whatever brakes you have.

No idea about how to do that, could be expensive :lol:

Well if Tom says 5mm is OK, then it's OK :D

Cheers Charlotte, you just saved me a few quid for 3mm spacers!

QualityStreetCarton.jpg

No worries but if your wheels roll off down the road without you dont blame me :lol:

Ive only taken mine on track once since having them fitted (Honda day) and didnt have any issues then either so I think you will be OK.

Did you really think the OEM brakes were that bad. I personally thought for a car with that kind of power they did the job pretty well. Obviously, if you have to brake suddenly it's going to put the frighteners up you whatever brakes you have.

Yeah mate, not enough stopping power IMO. For example, this one time at band camp, doing the usual 65 on an A-road, around a bend was a queue of traffic for some reason, had to slam down hard, hoping for the best. The car stopped in time but not until after I considered mounting the verge. Not a good place to be in :(

Yeah mate, not enough stopping power IMO. For example, this one time at band camp, doing the usual 65 on an A-road, around a bend was a queue of traffic for some reason, had to slam down hard, hoping for the best. The car stopped in time but not until after I considered mounting the verge. Not a good place to be in :(

Should of been using your limit point and then you will be able to "stop in the distance seen to be clear" :lol: (knew id get my advance driving in for something useful at some point).

It was a long sweeping uphill left hander, didn't see the other cars until I was almost at the top of the hill.

That's my excuse anyway :D

Pic from further out.

11072009327.jpg

Tested the brake peformance today, using left foot. 30-0 in a split second, thought the back wheels were going to lift :eek: :cool:

Great great work mate, only thing I'd say is it's a poor colour IMO :(

I agree on the standard brakes though, not too much cop :(

At least there's ABS.

I need facelift headlights.

Oh mate, the colour is spectacular.

Back