• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Keeno & Hatton's Project Racing Puma

Hatton

Will Be Missed
Well today was a very exciting day as myself and Keeno purchased a Ford Racing Puma #425 which has done only 30700 miles.

The car has been well looked after in the past but currently needs a little TLC to get her back to her prime. As weve both owed FRP's in the past, we just had to buy this and do the work as aposed to someone breaking it.

After weve finished the project the car will be up for sale so if you're interested or know someone who is then keep on eye on this thread
biggrin.gif

Once we got it home we gave it a quick wash and this is the result:

2.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

The mileage is 30700. The person we bought it off used to work at Ford and bought the car with 5k on the clock. He took it off the road in order to start it as a project himself but has never got round to it. The car has a full service history with a folder full of reciepts.

The price we bought it for reflected the work that needs to be done in order to bring it up to standard. Currently we are looking into:

Replacing complete exhaust system
New front pads (possibly also discs)
A front caliper service (possibly new pistons and seals)
Re-Spray of font bumper
New tyres
Service at Ford
MOT (this could also bring up further work that needs to be done)
Tax

:cool:

I like the FRP in many ways but, living in Essex I also hate them.

Almost every FRP I see is in muppet mode and ruins the image of what is actually a good car.

Fair play to you for getting stuck in with the project. :cool:

Cracking handling on these things, shame they never had much more power than the standard 1.7 Puma

Cracking handling on these things, shame they never had much more power than the standard 1.7 Puma

The pleasure of a spirited drive is not always about power.

Lotus Elise is the perfect example - sub 2.0 engine with a great COG/Balance/Setup = driving nirvana.

Yes we would all love to have the funds to have high power with a quality chassis but the FRP is an affordable drivers car which is admired by many in the know. :cool:

I like the pumas, I think they have aged extremely well. I especially like this one. :cool:

Good luck we the project guys, hopefully you'll earn a few pennies on it too. :D

There's a FRP knocking about my area with white wheels and I always think that I should have looked harder for one. However, that was then and the ones that I found were a bit tatty.

Good luck on the project Hatton. It will be great to see the work in progress.

I still always think that a sub two-litre capacity RWD car will be better in the twisties than a hot hatch.

I've been driving the MX5 again... my sister (the owner) is in Amsterdam... I need to think of an excuse for the added mileage.

I need to think of an excuse for the added mileage.

[Excessive bullshit mode]

The Mazda MX-5 owners club were offering a free vehicle assessment at a scheduled meet. The meet may well have been at Loch Lomond but the car was given the all clear and was applauded for its condition. :smt047

[Excessive bullshit mode/]

The pleasure of a spirited drive is not always about power.

Lotus Elise is the perfect example - sub 2.0 engine with a great COG/Balance/Setup = driving nirvana.

Yes we would all love to have the funds to have high power with a quality chassis but the FRP is an affordable drivers car which is admired by many in the know. :cool:

Even better when the Elise gets a K20 transplant! [or even a SC too!]

Cheers Scouse'. That should cover the mileage quite nicely. :lol:

I even filled it with with petrol and spent a day cleaning the soft-top so I should be in her good books. If not, her new hubby can pick up the flak - we are family now. :lol:

christurbo - I think the Elise is better off K20 NA. A supercharger is not the right thing imho. I've been jazzed about in a Rover K-series-engined S111 and felt that there was enough (but could be slightly more) power to balance the car on the edge.

christurbo - I think the Elise is better off K20 NA.

You should be called Harv Raj, that comment is spot on. :cool:

The Elise is not in need of excessive power - a charger is all well and good but the fine balance between a nimble fleet footed dancer and a clumsy oaf - well I am sure you get my point. :lol:

Back