• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

knock sound while doing 3 point turn :s

I noticed a few days after I did my first long motorway journey that sometimes I get a loud clunk/knock sound once or twice when turning the wheel to do a 3 point turn :eek: :confused:

quick call to my garage and they said it does not sound serious, maybe a loose bolt or a bush :confused:

any ideas?? should i get it checked straight away??

oh damn, i hope its not the steering rack :eek:
thought this problem was fixed on the final edition ep3's :confused:

it does not constantly knock, only when car is at a stand still and turning the wheel I hear a loud knock once or twice(sounds like something broke/snapped)... in fact i noticed its louder when the car is full :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Check all of the arch lining and that the wheel does have sufficiet clearence.

Get under there, get someone else to turn the wheel to full lock and try and source the sound.

cool I will have a good check soon as it stops raining lol

just feel bit sad and gutted because the warranty only just finished a few months ago :mad: but then again I have had the Ctr for a year and a half with out a single problem though :)

just a follow up...

i jacked up the car recently and removed the wheel, everything seems to be ok :confused:
their is no knock sound and nothing seems to be loose or out of place!
its only when the wheel is on and car is on the ground the knock happens, its also gotten a little more persistent now :confused:

its hard to pinpoint exactly where the sound is coming from, but its behind the drivers side wheel somewhere, could it be the suspension??

the top mount looked fine mate, but I guess I could try loosen the bolt and re-tighten it to see if their was some play or something wrong

I had a similar noise to what you described and it was just the anti roll bar link rod was loose so just check they're tight.

oh i see, ok cool i will have a look at that :)
I take it i dont need to remove the wheel, just jack it up and check the anti-roll bar bolts/link on that side?

oh i see, ok cool i will have a look at that :)
I take it i dont need to remove the wheel, just jack it up and check the anti-roll bar bolts/link on that side?

I think you will be better off removing the wheel for what it's worth I doubt you will be able to get at them properly with the wheel still on but yeah just get a spanner and make sure they are tight as mine was only slightly loose but it made a loud knock when turning.

hi guys just a follow up to any one else that may have this problem...

turns out that the top mount bolt of the suspension under the bonnet was a little loose, so i loosened it a re-tightened it and just spun the metal rod and made sure the spring was sitting in place correctly and its cured the problem since :)

hi mate, could you please advice where the bolt is? because i am having a same problem and honda told me to change the whole shockers but the mechanic told me only need to change the top mount. i would guess your solution might help. let me know. thanks

its the top mount suspension bolt mate under the bonnet, above the wheel basically and its just one big bolt so you cant miss it, see if its loose by comparing how tight it is with the bolt on the other suspension top mount, that way you will know if its just loose :)

mine was only a little loose and its shocking how that caused this knockong sound :eek:

right, so should i look for it behind the engine by open the bonnet or should i just find it behind the wheel then? because i am still confused. thanks for the help mate

right, so should i look for it behind the engine by open the bonnet or should i just find it behind the wheel then? because i am still confused. thanks for the help mate

under the bonnet the bolt in the middle of the 3 little ones

P1336_18-07-09-1.jpg

i had this sort of noise on mine and when i took it back to honda they said i had grit and stones caught in my springs :S and they cleaned it all out and that solved it....touch wood

Back