• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Knocking noise when going over bumps!!!!

I have had a look through some post but have not had a chance to have a really good look because my boss keeps coming over. Grrr. :mad: :mad:

Every time i go over a bump/pot hole I get a dull knocking noise coming from the front suspension. I have been told that it may be the drop links. Is there anything else that it may be.

Thanks

I think i have the same problem but i thought mine could be shocks? im getting it looked at on monday by abp motorsport

problem with knocking noises from front suspension is there can be multiple culprits. in the past i have tried guesswork and describing the noise on forums but never got very far. these days i get a mechanic to take a look and do whatever testing they do to isolate the dodgy part then replace as necessary.

same problem coming from drivers side when i hit a pothole..im told its gearbox mount..
my friend ahd excat same problem and he replaced 2 mounts as his was banging in gear but mines is fine in gera just pot holes..
so im getting mine looked at

top mounts on the suspension - if you use a jet washer to clean your car you will probably find you have washed all the grease out of the top mounts - when dry they creak and knock.

Top mounts cost about 100 all in from honda

turns out that it is my track rod end. Gwtting it fixed this weeked along with alinement etc and then i will take it from there.

mr_sport

Back