• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kpro for a complete numpty

I've just bought a Kpro complete with standard ECU which atin bad... now I need to kn ow what to do with it

Am I right in saying..

1 - Take it to the dealers and ask them to swap it for the standard ECU

2 - Once that is done ask them to code the immobilser to my key??? (or something like that)

3 - Run the standard map until I get it fully mapped... this wont be until the sumer so is this OK? Have only got gruppe m and catback

Cheers peeps

lecurie said:
getting your car up to my standard for the mountains Harvey?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You will be able to keep up for me, its whether or not you can do it all day for 7 days :?: :idea: :twisted:

muhahaha

another Kpro bitch on the Euro tour :twisted:

Now all you need is a CPL tune :wink:

1/2 Swap it yourself at home if you've got a laptop and turn the immobliser off in kmanager until you can get it to the stealers where you turn it on again there so they can code your ecu to your keys. This saves you money as the stealers will want to charge half an hours labour just to swap it over then another half an hour to code the keys. Make sure they check their database for your cars pcm(or something like that) code to get the coding to work.

3 No,no,no! Run the cold air map on kmanager and have fun :D

Fire_2 said:
trust me go to abby :shock:

Nothing wrong with CPL mate, had my kpro mapped twice by guy (due to additional mods) and I was very pleased on both occasions.

- Kevin.

Swapping the ECU's takes about 5 mins tops mate, I should know, done it often enough! :roll: :roll:

nosman said:
Swapping the ECU's takes about 5 mins tops mate, I should know, done it often enough! :roll: :roll:

wow is that you offering to swap mine! how nice of you!

Harvey!

I dont think even you could feck up removing 3 10mm bolts and couple of conector plugs :lol:

Black R said:
Harvey!

I dont think even you could feck up removing 3 10mm bolts and couple of conector plugs :lol:

i'm more than capable of fooking anything up

Bring it down to a NL meet and bring your laptop with Kpro Manager and USB lead and I'll do it for ya.

Could even do some live datalogging if you want ! 8) :lol:

OK ladies one last question

If I change the ECU myself will the car start and drive to the dealers to get the keys coded?

Back