• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

KPRO is worth every penny

Had to spent the day on the motorway to get upto TDINorth yesterday but my god was it worth it!.
Have finally got my car Kpro"d. :D :D
Came out of the workshop with 191 bhp @ the wheels,
The hp isnt whats improtant here, its the way the whole rev band has changed. Im sure its all been said before but I just had to remind you guys how good this mod is.
We all know how great the CTR feels when you nail it in the first couple of gears, well imagine when you change up to 3rd and then 4th and its still pulling like a train, thats what happens when you get the KPro installed.
Just fantastic!!!.
All the way back down the M6 then M40 I kept getting off at various junctions just to get the thrill of getting back on again, blasting down the slip road.
The car has totally changed, I love it even more now than I ever did.
All the mods to make this happen are: DC race headers, Spoon Bpipe and back box, AEM long intake pipe, Hondata intake heat shield gasket.
And of course KPRO.
For anyone trying to decide whether to get KPRO,
GET IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!. :D :D

you got the exact same setup as me there fella...only I got 206 at the wheels on System R's dyno ;)

your welcome to try the map I have installed on mine if you want me to send you a copy ;)

IIRC they have changed the software on that dyno recently, and the figures are lower now

lecurie said:
IIRC they have changed the software on that dyno recently, and the figures are lower now

ahh...wasn't aware of that

I might be up there in a few weeks so may stick it on the rollers again and see what I get :)

FreakOnALeash said:
you got the exact same setup as me there fella...only I got 206 at the wheels on System R's dyno ;)

your welcome to try the map I have installed on mine if you want me to send you a copy ;)
I guess they all vary form car to car, But what :twisted: fun anyway.

Yep the new software is reading a tad lower, but remember its a tuning tool. Welcome to the Kpro club

lecurie said:

yeh i heard the new software is more accurate....

worth every penny...... u got that right...

lecurie said:

Paul called me today and said they had been testing it out on standard cars of all flavours and its making pretty much manufacturers quoted figures.
Its a stand-alone system now and the only part of the original SUN system that is used is the actual rollers. Everything else is now all via a new fangled computer and the lot is rated upto 1600bhp! :shock: That is 800 per roller set.

Should be even enough scope there for Friendy. :wink: :lol: :twisted:

Bit handy as he's picking up quite a few big Evo and Skyline jobs now what with being about the only HKS Power writer tuner outside of the London area. 8)

Can someone tell me what gains i could expect on a standard CTR and the likely cost including rolling road tune?, sorry for not using search :oops:
Chris.

fcyouk said:
Can someone tell me what gains i could expect on a standard CTR and the likely cost including rolling road tune?, sorry for not using search :oops:
Chris.

I just guessing here but you could might see around 10-15 BHP. But this is irrelevant if you ask me as the whole powerband of the car would change, the VTEC changeover would become smoother and you would just end up with a much more driveable car.

fcyouk said:
Chris.

40bhp midrange but only because your vtec changeover is lowered but 10bhp at the top. 8)

Kpro is the next best mod to an LSD for bringing the best out of your car and driver pleasure. :wink:

Excuse my ignorance,

but I thought the standard CTR is 197bhp. The extra mods should have brought that figure up, not down?? :S

saboteur said:
Excuse my ignorance,

but I thought the standard CTR is 197bhp. The extra mods should have brought that figure up, not down?? :S

that 197bhp at the flywheel, not the wheels tho ;)

saboteur said:
Excuse my ignorance,

Thats manufactures flywheel figures mate.

Mine is standard & ran 162.9 @ the wheels with 9Kish on the clock.
Was told by the operator this was fairly decent & one of the stronger CTR's he'd ran, but obviously opinions & results can vary from different sets of rollers.

saboteur said:
Excuse my ignorance,

Two different measurements, the 197 is BRAKE hp and is measured at the flywheel. the other one is WHEEL hp and is measured at the wheels. whp is what your putting on the road and is what you should pay attention too. hp is lost through the drive train hence the lower figure ;)

- Kevin.

197 at the flywheel mate is manufacturers figures. These power figures are at the wheels.

The only true/important figure IMO.

Back