• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kpro/k100

Just wanted to ask, is it worth chipping and mapping my ep3 when it has no engine mods? Will it make any difference? im not planning on adding any mods in the future, i just want that v-tec to kick in a little earlier, and to have a little more pull mid range.

Yes - I think the general consensus is yes! Newannaive done a good review on the CTRO forum of this (when it is back up) including before and after tune.

will i get anything out of it all? Thing is i cant afford to throw my entire wages at this car as i have mortgage, bills and an expensive mrs to keep. My mate used to work for the tuning company votex and has now set his own garage up. He says he is able to chip and remap it for me at a really good price but i must admit this had me a little worried, i dont know how good he is at it, and is it worth the risk!!

If your car used to belong to mike I'm sure it had kpro.. Is it an anniversary ep3?

Pics of mrs or it never happened.

Yes you will. Pull alot better in the rev range - some people just use the standard map, but you will get more gains if you had a tune (even on a totally standard car) As I said, when the forum is back up, have a look at Newannaives' build thread.

Re who should tune it, as far as I understand, there are a few regarded tuners in the UK, including TDI north, TDI South, and Eurospec. If I was to have it done, I would go to one of these 3. I would not go to my mate for this sort of stuff - if anything hits the fan, it could be a matter of choosing your friendship or your EP3 lol

If your car used to belong to mike I'm sure it had kpro.. Is it an anniversary ep3?

Pics of mrs or it never happened.

I think its had a couple of owners who have been on the forum, and yes it did used to have kpro fitted but i bought it without any mods as he sold them all off seperately. To be honest mate, im not even sure if its the prem edition, ive only owned it for a couple of weeks and its my first ctr, whats the difference between to prem and the standard?

Devil84, your probobly right mate, i will keep away from it. Too risky i suppose and the chances of tdi north naffin it up are nil, just going to cost alot more money but hopefully its worth it. If i kpro it, i may aswell add a few mods along the way before i do it. Just takes time. I havent got the dollar to get it all done at once.

Quite a few differences, bearing in mind the Anniversary edition (30AE) came out before the facelift EP3' did. They had Momo steering wheel, red carpets/door handles/ tinted rears/30AE sticker on the rear window and not forgetting the lovely red seats :D

I am a fan of the AE CTR as there were only 100 made in each colour (Red/Silver/black)

I had a very clean one, which I sold a little while back.

P1000684.jpg

P1000695.jpg

P1000712.jpg

P1000715.jpg

There are a million threads about this mate, did you have a search ??

To sum it up-yes.

Re mapping a OEM you will get better drivability from it.

Mapping a modified car will magnify the effects massively.

Remap's or tweaks with roughly cost about £250 so it's an expensive thing route to go down mapping the car first then getting tweaks everytime you add a breathing mod.

If I were you I'd get all the basic breathing mods first, (filter, cat back) then get a header, decat and ECU and get it mapped at a later date.

That's the tried and tested method.

There are a million threads about this mate, did you have a search ??

To sum it up-yes.

Re mapping a OEM you will get better drivability from it.

Mapping a modified car will magnify the effects massively.

Remap's or tweaks with roughly cost about £250 so it's an expensive thing route to go down mapping the car first then getting tweaks everytime you add a breathing mod.

If I were you I'd get all the basic breathing mods first, (filter, cat back) then get a header, decat and ECU and get it mapped at a later date.

That's the tried and tested method.

Thanks mate, i think i will take your advice on it. I will only find it annoying having to re-map it everytime i add a mod, and will probobly cost me alot more in the long run. Cheers for the help. you probobly just saved me quite a few quid.

dotty, thanks for the pics. Mine definatley isnt a AE, i like the little extras you get in it, but not a fan of the red seats tbh, i like the shape of them just not the colour.

Not a fan of those seats? I think they are without doubt some of the best seats going (apart from the side levers - haha). Would love them in my Prem, might be a little too red though with the JDM mat's I just sourced. Lovely car though dotty!!

Not a fan of those seats? I think they are without doubt some of the best seats going (apart from the side levers - haha). Would love them in my Prem, might be a little too red though with the JDM mat's I just sourced. Lovely car though dotty!!

dont get me wrong they are cool seats, but like you said, the red is just abit too much for especially with jdm matts. Are the side levers in all EP3's crap, my passenger side one has broke, just aswell the other one works!

They work really well :D

Especially loved them in my JDM EP3 (again these are standard in this model)

Stu3.jpg

Back