• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kpro/k100

Yeah they do look smart in this pic i must admit.

They feel better than they look.

Because they're are the JDM seats they are smaller/tighter fitting than the Reacro's we get in our cars as OEM.

Due to our Eastern friends being generally a smaller build to us Westerners they have smaller seats.

Due to our Eastern friends being generally a smaller build to us Westerners they have smaller seats.[/QUOTE]

I never thought of it like that lol. Does JDM stand for anything?

whats the big deal, i bought my first ctr 2 weeks ago, and your going to give me stick about asking a simple question? I thought the whole idea of a forum was to gain knowledge/experience and ideas from talking to people, maybe i was wrong!!

whats the big deal, i bought my first ctr 2 weeks ago, and your going to give me stick about asking a simple question? I thought the whole idea of a forum was to gain knowledge/experience and ideas from talking to people, maybe i was wrong!!

By all means ask questions but threads may already exist with answers to your questions.

Forums are a good resource and source of information, and you can get just as much from searching them.

Oh and JDM is a Jap thing not just surrounding Type Rs. The "JDM" Scene in the US is huge.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=JDM

Last edited by a moderator:

I was saying it tongue in cheek, comments like that, the thread that you asked us to delete and a few other things have said have made me laugh is all.

You're eager which is great, but some of the stuff you come out with is lol.

Just looked at my own link, fcking :lol:

Ex 1
Takeshi: WOW! That JDM civic sure is awesome! It's right-hand drive!
Raygoku: Indeeda! It's suuuuper dorifto!

Ex 2
mike: dude, I'm so JDM I sleep on the right side of the bed
mike2: yea, well, I'm so JDM I only have a right testicle

i was under the impression that this forum was all about learning. Granted, I have alot of learning to do. I have owned many german cars in the past from e36 m3 evo's to audi s3's. This is my first jap car, and to be fair ive never seen japanese domestic market written in any other form other than JDM. I realise that some of the things ive said may come across as daft or naive but all im asking for is a little guidance and knowledge, not to be mocked!

I realise that some of the things ive said may come across as daft or naive but all im asking for is a little guidance and knowledge, not to be mocked!

I could have mocked you in a million ways, but I didn't, what I gave you was advice :) .

i didnt think it was a stupid question. i thought it was a perfectly plausable question given that we are on a japanese car manufacturer based forum. I also thought it was a reasonable question due to the fact that everybody seems to refer to it as JDM and not japanese domestic market. Further to that, I stated earlier in the thread that i am a newcomer to owning a japanese car and joined the forum in order to learn things and to gain advantage of knowledge from people such as yourself. i didnt see why it was such big deal to ask the question that i did, it may seem stupid to you, but im sure there are many things that i have knowledge about that you dont. Not even you were born with the knowledge that JDM was an acronym for japanese domestic market, im sure at some point you learnt that, quite possibly from a forum such as this one. I am merely doing the same thing.

i didnt think it was a stupid question. i thought it was a perfectly plausable question given that we are on a japanese car manufacturer based forum. I also thought it was a reasonable question due to the fact that everybody seems to refer to it as JDM and not japanese domestic market. Further to that, I stated earlier in the thread that i am a newcomer to owning a japanese car and joined the forum in order to learn things and to gain advantage of knowledge from people such as yourself. i didnt see why it was such big deal to ask the question that i did, it may seem stupid to you, but im sure there are many things that i have knowledge about that you dont. Not even you were born with the knowledge that JDM was an acronym for japanese domestic market, im sure at some point you learnt that, quite possibly from a forum such as this one. I am merely doing the same thing.

It's not been a big deal to anyone except you bud.

Take a breath! :lol:

Hi Civ!

Firstly no question is really a stupid one and questions and opinions are what build these forum's. All the mods are getting at is that the forum itself is a massive bank of knowledge if you use it properly to its full potential. Usually when I come across abbreviations i don't know i just "google" them, simple stuff "JDM means" and you have 3 million results.

But when it comes to stuff like "Which Induction Kit" or "Remap gains" the original/existing members have probably read these questions a hundred times. Its not the fact they think you are an idiot and should know everything instantly, but the fact the information is here somewhere and all you have to do is search for it.

If you have searched and still think that the existing opinions/facts may be out of date or not really specific enough to what your researching then ask away by all means, that's when these members really shine!

I'm a new member myself and now seem to spend A LOT of my spare time searching these forum's. I thought I knew enough about Civic's turns out i know pretty much nothing Haha. The information is there mate, but at the same time you don't want to take some of whats said to heart, its only sarcasm at the end of the day.

Happy Browsing!!

Back