• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Kumho KU39... worth a punt in these hard times?

too good not to post. it was a crab not lobster, my mistake.

cartoon_crab_stirring_pot_hg_clr.gif

Haha what have I started :D

I am gonna try shop around for some falkens or kumhos, best local deal on sat wins.

If I end up in a Hedge I will blame 99% of people in this thread :)

Haha what have I started :D

I am gonna try shop around for some falkens or kumhos, best local deal on sat wins.

If I end up in a Hedge I will blame 99% of people in this thread :)

I don't like the Falkens, then again I didn't like the Rotrex. I guess I'm just weird.

Eagle Asymmetric 2s for me in the new year.

Haha, all thread should be like this, informative and plain stoopid :D

Ended up getting some Kumho Ecsta Sport KU39's fitted, 140 fitted for the pair, 88Y XL ones. So far so good, quieter and comfier than the T1-R's and seem to grip fine but I don't really push my car so ultimate grip is unknown yet till they're bed in, but seems fine on the greasy roads tonight :)

lol if they last 10k that'll do I suppose, they're on the rear but if they turn out to be as good as they seem so far I'll pop some on the front too when the time comes.

Good price I thought for a local deal :)

hi mate ive got the kumhos all round they seem a great tyre for the price and offer a lot of grip i would deafently recommend them

I swapped the Falkens onto the rear yesterday. Bridgestone RE050As with around 3mm back on the front.

Masses more grip on the front now, turn in is drastically improved as is steering feel and ride is much much better.

Brought it home not to scrimp on tyres.

Bridgestones getting replaced with Asymmetric 2s over the coming weeks though.

I will splash out next year myself, with only just buying it and xmas looming I'm a bit washed out with cash.

Must say I'm pleased with them though, the back end holds on better than the front now lol but both these and the toyo's have a quite soft sidewall. Pleased at 70 a corner fitted though.

I have kumho now on the front for 2 years now. great budget tyre only downside is the road noise is a bit much for me( thats me personally) most probably different for many others. grate grip in wet & dry . Gives me confidence driving on them. Goodluck

I killed my T1-R's which lasted 4500 miles on the front and opted to go for another pair of the Kumho's after being very impressed with the rear ones I've had for a few months now.

Good choice, they grip really well, more than I'd ever need them to as I aren't no racing driver. Ride is good and the car tramlines less with this tread pattern I feel, smoother on the road :)

Definitely more grip and better traction now with the Kumho's opposed to T1-R's, was very disappointed in those.

Have been looking for about 2 week for a set of tyres now and am opting for these Kumho's now - you've confirmed it for me!

Thanks!

Have let us know what you think. Obviously they have their limits but I'm very impressed for the cash :)

Back