• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Likely write off Value EP3?

I've been involved in quite an accident involving 4 cars and my car is 99% going to be written off.

2002 EP3 good(was) condition 140k silver, a/c, FSH.

Any idea on the value that the insurance company will offer?

And am I likely to achieve anything by arguing the case if it is ridiculous?

There is no fault on my side of the incident.

Sorry to hear about the car JoJo. Everybody OK? What happened?

2k sounds fair.

Thanks. Everybody somehow seems to be 'ok'.

An old man driving rather... confused ended up on the wrong side of the road. A 4x4 collided with him, spinning them in front of me. Hero-Joe managed to avoid any collisions and braked in time. Pr1ck behind me came round the corner too fast and hit the back of me @ 35mph+ forcing me into the other car.

There needs to be a re-test for old people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flipping heck Joe- hope you're ok.

Sorry to hear about the Civic and agree that older people should take re-test (sorry Geoff) but if you are perfectly able, then no problems should pass flying colours

Sorry to hear about this Joe.
B4stards are just jealous that you have the fastest colour CTR (etc etc ;))

Hope insurance sorts your payment out swiftly mate.
Handy to know who you are with and how it pans out.

I had a total loss claim (well, the mrs did) a few years ago with admiral and they took ages to pay up, even thought they decided the car was a total loss after like 3 or 4 days.
In the end they settled well over the book value of the car to be fair.

Hope you have some alternative transport ??

I have had a hire car for the last 12 days, The initial offer was £1,700, which I argued up to £1,990, and it's now with a manager review to see if there's any more available.

I'd be happy with the £2k tbf..

they are fast enough to take your money but when it comes to paying out they drag it out as long as possible, i am sorry to hear it mate

Back