• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loads of New Bits

Looks very nicely done :)
Yet another thing that has been added to the future wish list, the other half won't be happy ;) haha

I agree this does look pretty good.

And this is another thing that's hinting towards Nymphy taking the CTR on a track lol

Also got some JDM Wind deflectors off him, didnt realise they are just 'stuck on' :| cant be safe that i would have thought!

You have the clips though, that I never used.

I just used the sticky adhesive tape that came with them, they were as strong as for almost a year.

In fact, I had to cut the adhesive with a stanly knife to get them off.

Oh, and terrible pics :lol: .

You have the clips though, that I never used.

I just used the sticky adhesive tape that came with them, they were as strong as for almost a year.

In fact, I had to cut the adhesive with a stanly knife to get them off.

Oh, and terrible pics :lol: .

Aye a know, just i live in the ghetto, so just worried about the local little treasures working out they are stuck on and disappearing with them :lol:

Terrible pics FTW :lol:

Aye a know, just i live in the ghetto, so just worried about the local little treasures working out they are stuck on and disappearing with them :lol:

Terrible pics FTW :lol:

Mate, honestly, if I had tried to pull them off, they would have snapped/bent.

Its just like the number plate tape you get, strong as feck.

Mate, honestly, if I had tried to pull them off, they would have snapped/bent.

Its just like the number plate tape you get, strong as feck.

:lol: fair enough, im just being a worrier!

ill get them on next time its dry

so april then

Do you have any job vacancies at your work lol wouldn't *mind being able to afford all of this stuff.

That turbo is a beast

EDIT: missed a word out lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any job vacancies at your work lol wouldn't being able to afford all of this stuff.

That turbo is a beast

:lol:

havent spent more than £2k on it so far and the turbo conversion should cost around £2500 MAX as im building it mostly myself, just the manifold and the piping im having JDT make for me :)

How much are the materials for the turbo conversion then? I know you said £2500, before anyone says anything, but I assume that's including the price of the piping etc lol

Also how come you're not going the SC route instead?

parts are as cheap as you can get them ;)

and SC's are boring, boost gets you laid apparantly :lol:

SC's are ok I thought, just sounds like you are going in reverse everywhere though lol.

I was under the impression (from this forum anyway) that turbos don't work well with the Type R

SC's are ok I thought, just sounds like you are going in reverse everywhere though lol.

I was under the impression (from this forum anyway) that turbos don't work well with the Type R

soon find out i guess, quick spooling turbo so shouldnt have much issue with it,

SC's sound awesome.

The reason SC's are generally considered better is that the CTR is FWD and already puts out 200bhp, if you turbo this all through the front wheels and with the extra torque you get from a turbo all of a sudden will cause traction issues. Thats not to say that its not a good mod as many people in teh past have turbo'd a CTR with great results.

IMO a turbo'd car is better suited to a AWD vehicle and chassis.

The plus' of a SC are that teh power delivery is much more subtle and progressive, instead of getting a hike of like +100ft/lb of torque between 5 and 6K rpm you get it over the whole range and the car will pull better over the whole range, and ultimatly the car will put the power down better through the front wheels. Also dont forget K20's are a very rev happy engines so having something that increases the power over teh full range is better than having it all of a sudden which is gerally what you get with a turbo.

Also Jackson do bolt on kits which have a very good rep and as I see it have less potential problems than with a turbo.

IF I was going FI on my K20, it would be SC and these are the main reasons.

Both of these NEED a LSD.

You will gett bigger figures on teh dyno with a turbo.

SC's sound awesome.

The reason SC's are generally considered better is that the CTR is FWD and already puts out 200bhp, if you turbo this all through the front wheels and with the extra torque you get from a turbo all of a sudden will cause traction issues. Thats not to say that its not a good mod as many people in teh past have turbo'd a CTR with great results.

IMO a turbo'd car is better suited to a AWD vehicle and chassis.

The plus' of a SC are that teh power delivery is much more subtle and progressive, instead of getting a hike of like +100ft/lb of torque between 5 and 6K rpm you get it over the whole range and the car will pull better over the whole range, and ultimatly the car will put the power down better through the front wheels. Also dont forget K20's are a very rev happy engines so having something that increases the power over teh full range is better than having it all of a sudden which is gerally what you get with a turbo.

Also Jackson do bolt on kits which have a very good rep and as I see it have less potential problems than with a turbo.

IF I was going FI on my K20, it would be SC and these are the main reasons.

Both of these NEED a LSD.

You will gett bigger figures on teh dyno with a turbo.

*looks nervously*

*checks clutch as well*

*hmm*

could be fun :lol:

Oh no I weren't saying I disliked them, my friend had a Sierra Cosworth with a mustang charger on it. Did turn some heads lol, just sounds funny. Wouldn't mind hearing a FI Type R.

Aren't the LSDs really expensive? :lol:

Aren't the LSDs really expensive? :lol:

Worth it.

About £500 from TGM fitted IIRC.

They are considered one of teh best mods to do on a standard CTR so when dealing with these sort of FI beasts they are a must for sure. JDM cars come with as standard.

Worth it.

About £500 from TGM fitted IIRC.

They are considered one of teh best mods to do on a standard CTR so when dealing with these sort of FI beasts they are a must for sure. JDM cars come with as standard.

£500 + fitting;)

Back