• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loads of New Bits

Nick, the SC will be easier to break traction due to the instant torque. A turbo engine has some reaction time. rolling at 30 mph in 2nd, floor it and you will pretty much instantly spin up with a SC but with a turbo youll find the power deliverly more progressive and by the time you hit the high torque spike your prob rolling at 40 mph therefore less likely to break traction as easily as at the lower speed.

Nick, the SC will be easier to break traction due to the instant torque. A turbo engine has some reaction time. rolling at 30 mph in 2nd, floor it and you will pretty much instantly spin up with a SC but with a turbo youll find the power deliverly more progressive and by the time you hit the high torque spike your prob rolling at 40 mph therefore less likely to break traction as easily as at the lower speed.

Ah yeah I see your point.

I still think that the SC is better suited due to the wide power band of the CTR, im just not a fan of the torque spikes you get with turbo's, but I suppose these can be smoothed out if desired.

I even had my VTEC engagment smoothed out for a smoother pull :lol: .

Worth it.

About £500 from TGM fitted IIRC.

They are considered one of teh best mods to do on a standard CTR so when dealing with these sort of FI beasts they are a must for sure. JDM cars come with as standard.

£500 + fitting;)

Not as much as I thought, I was basing it on what Nick spent on his CTR up in Scotland but I just realised he had a Quaife one fitted.

Intercooler got delivered today apparantly, will get some pics of that up when i get home

Allthough i do have quite a big problem with the car, lovely cloud of white smoke following me around, looks in the engine bay to be like split coolant hoses as its **** wet through

so thats my job for the weekend to sort all that out, are try and work out which hose is split :(

New wheels bought

collecting them 13th feb

Biggest bargain in the history of bargains, £160 with 4 new ish Dunlops on :lol:

117328d1239670030-evo-8-enkies-evo-wheels.jpg

dunno, they fit fine, will fit perfect with the 215/40 tyres on and the rear arches rolled

but for £160 inc tyres and wheel nuts im not that bothered :lol:

They'll still stick out loads even with a narrower tyre and it'll be poo to drive and if the offset is out by a lot it'll put extra load on the wheel bearings.

They'll still stick out loads even with a narrower tyre and it'll be poo to drive and if the offset is out by a lot it'll put extra load on the wheel bearings.

It's the tyres that make it look like it's tucked out of the arch loads! The rim itself sits nicely in the arch

there's a few people on the other forum running these wheels as well with no worries so will be reet and if they still don't fit with the smaller tyres on I'll just bang them inthe rotas and flog them on with profit so not fussed really :)

Back