• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Look what I drove today

:D Thinking about part Ex with mine, still not too sure at the moment as this is an 02 plate and mine is an 04, and he still wants some cash with the deal. Sorry about the quality but I took them on my phone.
JDM4.jpg

JDM3.jpg

JDM2.jpg

JDM1.jpg

This is my CTR
TypeR0061.jpg

TypeR0021.jpg

Nice, but you'd be swapping for a simular, older, imported car and have to part with more cash.....

baker71 said:
:D Thinking about part Ex with mine, still not too sure at the moment as this is an 02 plate and mine is an 04, and he still wants some cash with the deal.

They've finally got it in stock then?!
Just being nosey what sort of cash did they offer you for your car?
What was it like to drive compared to yours?

spend £1500 on a respray and £800 on LSD jobs a good un, newer car same ticket. (OMFG IT DOESNT HAVE FOLD IN SPEC C MIRRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Bluecarisma said:
baker71 said:
:D Thinking about part Ex with mine, still not too sure at the moment as this is an 02 plate and mine is an 04, and he still wants some cash with the deal.

They've finally got it in stock then?!
Just being nosey what sort of cash did they offer you for your car?
What was it like to drive compared to yours?
He didn't say how much, what he said was get some quotes for insurance make sure that you definately want it then they will price mine up but he would be looking for some cash in the deal.
The drive in the JDM wasn't that much different to mine but it was a slighty harder ride. And maybe it was my imagination but it felt like it wanted to go straight when i floored it out of a junction turning left.
I must admit the car looks so 8) but i don't think i can justify a part ex with my car and cash for an older CTR.

rossy t said:
spend £1500 on a respray and £800 on LSD jobs a good un, newer car same ticket. (OMFG IT DOESNT HAVE FOLD IN SPEC C MIRRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Don't forget the JDM has an extra 25bhp :wink:

Rcb said:
rossy t said:

Don't forget the JDM has an extra 25bhp :wink:

No it does not.

It has 18bhp more than our UKDM CTR's. JDM gets 220ps (215bhp) as well as the Recaro Interior and LSD.

IMO the JDM is a car for the person willing to exchange financial sense for an exclusive and "Slightly" different package. :wink:

If you want the extra insurance costs, Optimax ONLY fueling and potential paint fade issues (as a long term owner) then get one. :twisted: :twisted:

Option B is a DC5. :wink:

baker71 said:
And maybe it was my imagination but it felt like it wanted to go straight when i floored it out of a junction turning left.

That'll be the LSD. :wink:

baker71 said:
The drive in the JDM wasn't that much different to mine but it was a slighty harder ride.

Pre-facelifts have a harder ride, I'd be very surprised if the spring rates and damping were much different to a EDM pre-facelift.

I immediately noticed that the facelift had a softer ride when I went in one.

As written on the other forum!! :wink:

Stay with what you have mate, it won't be that much different!!

The scummy salesman knows he can stitch you up big style by letting you pay more for an older car. Also the JDM will go rusty a lot faster than the UK version due to it not having proper underseal and wax applied. :lol:

I was in this predicament a while back... The common sense option is to stick with your newer car :wink:

I love the JDM White, look great and is different but once the novelty wears off I think you might be wishing you hadn't spent the extra cash to get an older CTR.

Get LSD and K-Pro for yours if you want some more performance. A respray in CW is a bit ott imo.

You are all saying what i fell in my heart, If it was my car and maybe a £1000 to me, then i would be seriously thinking about it but i think it would be a bad decision in the long run.
Also like the GF pointed out at the moment there aren't many of these on the road but now they have a type approval the market will be flooded with them soon.

I've seen this car on their website and it has been there for yonks!

Well if you do part-exchange, make sure they can properly register it first as theirs no model report for the JDM CTR.

typ3rc1v1c said:
I've seen this car on their website and it has been there for yonks!

Well if you do part-exchange, make sure they can properly register it first as theirs no model report for the JDM CTR.

They've had on the site during the process of obtaining a model report as they have now had the model report mate for the CTR.

Back