• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Looking for a track day seat

I'm currently looking for a track day seat (drivers seat only) 8)

Have anyone got a picture of this one fitted to an EP3?

evo.red.jpg

Costs £518.99 from Unit-8 (Kevlar Version) and it'll need a subframe, race harnes and side mount brackets also so its not cheap but looks like it'll do the trick.

Has anyone got an option on these of an alternative seat.

- Kevin.

You won't need the complete wrap around, it'll be a pain as it restricts view. Just get a fibreglass normal one and it will be more than enough for the odd track day.

As Nick said a wrap around seat will be a pain for daily use. You try looking around when reversing or overtaking. :wink:
I can't justify spending so much on one carbon/kelvar seat if you're going to keep your heavy passenger seat in the car.

Matt D had a Cobra Suzuka in his old Civic which looked pretty nice. There's some pics of it on the CTRO forums if you do a search.

As nick said you will not need the complete wrap around one :)

I was looking at these but as was pointed out to me they will really knacker you view when reversing entering motorway etc etc.

Get the one that dont wrap around but in Carbon :)

I was looking at some nice Bride seats today :p I so want some problem is I want 2 so they match :)

Tarticus said:

I was looking at these but as was pointed out to me they will really knacker you view when reversing entering motorway etc etc.

I was looking at some nice Bride seats today :p I so want some problem is I want 2 so they match :)

Plus good luck getting in them , they are tight on Trung!

Nahh these looked failry wide to be honest...........or its go on a diet :) well thats happening anyway, as need to for any chance of getting my new job :)

Tarticus said:

Nahh these looked failry wide to be honest...........or its go on a diet :) well thats happening anyway, as need to for any chance of getting my new job :)

i don't think i've ever seen a wide Bride seat :lol:

Make sure you try it out for a good while first man otherwise your kidneys are getting hammered :lol:

Make sure you try it out for a good while first man otherwise your kidneys are getting hammered Laughing

Will deffo try it out first also the £££ sort of puts me off a little, I did get into the Sumo Drift Car and that has Bride seats I think, ok they were tight but I got in and out just :)

Tarticus said:
I did get into the Sumo Drift Car and that has Bride seats I think, ok they were tight but I got in and out just :)
Sumo drift car have some cheapo AAR seats whatever they're called.

Trung said:
Tarticus said:
I did get into the Sumo Drift Car and that has Bride seats I think, ok they were tight but I got in and out just :)
Sumo drift car have some cheapo AAR seats whatever they're called.

I know their Evo have some...(check my avatar!) :p

HASNIC said:
Tarticus said:

I'd fit into them :p

- Kevin.

I think you'd save more weight for similar money getting two GRP ones rather then one carbon/kevlar and keeping the OEM passenger seat. Just my 2p.

As it happens I've got a couple of Sparco Pro2000s (in black, GRP, with mounts) sitting in the spare room that I cba to fit. Might let them go if you're interested? The Pro2000s are much larger than some of the Jap ones, cos I thought getting both cheeks into the seat would be more comfortable... :lol:

Drop me a PM if you're interested :)

Its not really a weight saving mod, its for (side) support. I find I'm all over the place in the OEM seats.

- Kevin.

I have the Corbeau version of that seat in my race car...........Definately not road car friendly.

You definately dont need to pay more than couple of hundred for a seat. A very light weight seat is wasted if you then attach it to a heavy subframe/slider set up .Also if you are mounting your seat on sliders pay extra attention to the type of slider used.

A scrutineer explained to me recently that a lot of track accidents involve the car going off and hitting a barrier backwards, road car sliders have been known to pull out of their brackets in this instance.If you can, fit a bracket (or even a jubilee clip) around the slider to help prevent this or slow the breakage.

8)

SpaceMonkey said:
How about a seat of DC2 recaro's Kev?

TBH mate I was going to bid on the premier recaro's for £800. But thats £800 that could be spent on an LSD etc, also their not as supportive as a proper track day seat (their also very heavy).

- Kevin.

moNoKnoT said:
SpaceMonkey said:

TBH mate I was going to bid on the premier recaro's for £800. But thats £800 that could be spent on an LSD etc, also their not as supportive as a proper track day seat (their also very heavy).

- Kevin.

Iirc the DC2 Recaro's are more supportive than the Premier seats mate.

Ask Trung, he should be able to clarify all this stuff :wink:

SpaceMonkey said:
moNoKnoT said:
SpaceMonkey said:

- Kevin.

Iirc the DC2 Recaro's are more supportive than the Premier seats mate.

Ask Trung, he should be able to clarify all this stuff :wink:

Oh! :shock: :oops:

- Kevin.

Premier/30AE/JDM Recaros are far from being a good supportive sports seat. Its designed for purely for comfort.
DC2 & DC5 Recaros are so much better however a full bucket seat provides the ultimate support.

Back