• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Looking for a track day seat

mattd seat here

cobraseat.jpg

looks good and i fit init perfect :twisted:

I put these in and once you are harnessed in you do not move, iirc they do them in four widths

Ill have the XL as them felt perfect yesterday when I stuck my fat ass into them :)

Tarticus said:
I put these in and once you are harnessed in you do not move, iirc they do them in four widths

Ill have the XL as them felt perfect yesterday when I stuck my fat ass into them :)

As i said before good luck fitting in the Brides then :lol: :lol:

paul said:
mattd seat here

cobraseat.jpg

looks good and i fit init perfect :twisted:

Ohh that looks nice, just trying to picture it in the car with the red insert :D

Is it essential these seats are installed with a race harness? I'm going to assume the answer is yes, in which case, where has everyone mounted the points when the rear seats are still in the car?

- Kevin.

Kev that is indeed my seat thats now in my saxo, a Cobra Suzuka GT.

I used Spoon seat rails and OMP sidemounts to bolt it in to the CTR, if i were you i would use bride seat rails instead as the spoon ones are shit!

I did use my seatbelt with that seat, not ideal as the stalk/clip was at a funny anglenot sure if this would of worked 100% when in a crash.

Harness's can be bolted into standard seat belt mounts, one good thing about the spoon (not sure if the bride has this) is that it had a mounting for a harness built into it on the passanger side of the drivers subframe.
If you are thinking if using an eyebolt for a clip in harness it may like mine did scratch the centre console when moved forwards and back.

Hope this helps :D

Matt_D said:
Harness's can be bolted into standard seat belt mounts, one good thing about the spoon (not sure if the bride has this) is that it had a mounting for a harness built into it on the passanger side of the drivers subframe.
If you are thinking if using an eyebolt for a clip in harness it may like mine did scratch the centre console when moved forwards and back.
Bride rails have that feature too and it doesn't make contact with centre console :)

Kev - there are set of S2000 seats for sale on the DC5 forum mate, thought I'd let you know, but unsure if your going aftermarket.

:wink:

mmm just spoke to a mate and he can get me 2 Cobra Suzuka's in Diolen for £550

Carl

SpaceMonkey said:
Kev - there are set of S2000 seats for sale on the DC5 forum mate, thought I'd let you know, but unsure if your going aftermarket.

:wink:

S2k seats in a Civic wouldn't offer much support really, esp being leather they would be quite slippy?

For "normal" seats Dc2/DC5 seats are ok but a full bucket offers so much more support :)

HASNIC said:
S2k seats in a Civic wouldn't offer much support really, esp being leather they would be quite slippy?

your right Nick, they aint that great. Not to bad in an S2000 cause there aint no where to really go in the small cabin :D.

J7 said:
HASNIC said:

your right Nick, they aint that great. Not to bad in an S2000 cause there aint no where to really go in the small cabin :D.

thats the thing, in the S2k you've got the high central tunnel which offers alot more support against falling out of the seat i guess, as you can sort of lean on it mid corner :lol:

Kevin

My Recaro Speed will be up for sale from next week.
It'll just be one seat and it requires a seat rail.

Looking for £160.

moNoKnoT said:
SpaceMonkey said:
Look what I found for sale Kev Bride Seat not cheap, but cool as fook :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Anyone know if this seat it any good, it looks awsome!!!

- Kevin.

Bride seats are some of the best going mate but Trungs will do the job 99% aswell and it's a fair amount cheaper 8)

Back