• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loud creak and gearbox warranty work

Oh im confused now i thought i had them by there balls, some sites are saying MTF3 is not good enough for LSD and i've just been on opie oils and for the champ white with LSD its telling me the oil should be 0w-30 which is different to the non LSD type r?

The 0W-30 you've mention on Opie is engine oil, not transmission oil.

I've never heard of anyone not recommending MTF3 for a gearbox with a diff. Honda will use MTF3 and those are the only people you need to impress at the moment.

Differential oil is something completely different and not something you want to be putting in your gearbox.

Put it this way phone up any, any Honda dealer and ask for diff oil. They'll either ask if you have a CR-V or sell you MTF3.

Just replacing the gearbox oil has been known to fix the problem for some people in the past.

It seems ludicrous that for the £15-20 cost of the gearbox oil that they kept the oil stuff and put it back in. I wouldn't be going anywhere near that garage again or trusting anything they say to be fair.

Yeah sorry it was to early i remembered i was looking at the wrong oil after i posted, as for me paying the bill i really need the car back im having to have 3 days off work for this so could not afford for it to sit there whilst they battled it out, honda are saying its new oil thats used my garage are saying its what they took out (im thinking its the previous owner). So to save time and money i paid and it was the easiest and quickest option. The garage who did the clutch have said if the problem is still there they will then get the gearbox sent off for me and checked.

Back