• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

Exactly, proper cheap! In the words of Lock Stock, It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the ****ing century!

Ones ive been looking at have been the same price for around 55-60k. But thats listed price so could probably knock a hundred or few from them with cash in my hand. Cant wait now. Time to start working more hours.

I slept less the night I got mine, just wanted to be in it, around it or under it.

And the car.

Went to bed at 3 am last night, not too bad. The lad slept in too so only got up around 7.30 am this morning.

Drove over to Bradistan this morning, chasing the insurance clock as my policy wouldn't allow an over lap of cars on the policy meaning the insurance on my FN2 finished at 10:59 am and started on the STi at 11:00 am and ETA on the TomTom was 10:53... Got there for 10:45 am so all good. FN2 was all too OEM, quiet, safe and in its own way quite a revelation. Not a bad car in standard guise, certainly nothing like I remembered it.

By the 11 o'clock cut off point I was sat down with the sales guy Jason at the Lexus dealership being brought a Dolce Gusto. This was the view.

IMAG1059.jpg

Drive home was pretty uneventful for the first 10 or so miles. Went the 'scenic' route out of Bradistan, through the Truvelo capital of the world known as Shipley but then onto some nice dual carriageways on the way to Keighley so got to stretch its legs a bit.

It's quieter than I remember, but that's no bad thing. I hadn't really had the chance to floor it in 1st, 2nd or 3rd on the test drive as I was trying not to be the "chav idiot that has just turned up for a blast" type. Corrected this off the roundabouts on the way back though. The shove after 3k is very intoxicating. It only revs to 6,750 rpm and it does seem to get there rather quickly. :lol: The difference in the "i" intelligent mode and "Sport Sharp" is very marked. No doubt it will spend most of its life in "i" mode, but nice to know you can turn it up to 11 on command! :p

I had a play with the diff settings and turned the traction control to sport mode which allows a bit of slip but isn't entirely off, but I still didn't get any slide, hero drifts or much more exciting than planting the throttle and being thrown back in the seat and getting some nice wastegate chatter on upshifts. Even with the dubious Kumho "Sport" tyres that I found on the front, it didn't want to break traction at all.

Stopped off after some country lanes in Colne for cig as I've not brought myself to smoke in it, so took this pic.

IMAG1060.jpg

The rest of the trip home was pretty much motorway miles. The car sits at 2,600 rpm at 72 mph on the GPS, so it's whisper quiet compared to the Civic when cruising.

End result of a bit of a hoon and some motorway miles over the 60 odd mile journey home.

IMAG1061.jpg

On-board of course, and not calculated but not too bad I didn't think. Foot down in boost on the motorway it was showing 5 mpg on the instantaneous though. :lol: :shock:

I've got some free time tomorrow afternoon, so I'll get some better pics then.

Very nice.
You'll be used to the power within a few weeks and crave for a bit more. Then you'll get used to the mpg and decide not to bother :)

Very nice mate. You'll need the shell thread I started if you didn't get a money expert email

For what it's worth, the insurance company tell you there isn't an overlap, however they are both effectively covered on the day. :lol:

That said, you made it out alive. Impressive.

I literally commute down canal road 2x a day, passing that garage and the billion speed tarps.. Fortunately the Zoomer lacks a front plate. Hmm.. so did the MX5.

Nice bit of dual carriageway towards Keighley, know it well. :lol:

Defiantly needs something to toughen it up a bit IMO, gay wing or dark alloys.

Good write up John and the car does look lovely, nice to own something a bit different too.

I am surprised you were not waiting outside the showroom for the salesman to arrive this morning haha.

Looking forward to hearing more as you get used to it :)

Good to see youve got it now.
Looks great! Really does need that big gay wing though. Get that & itll be spot on.

Back