• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

Went out for a bit of a drive in it last night.

Had a bit of a play with a Clio 182, which was nice but basically just pootled around.

They've done a good job revising the exhaust on the saloons. It's got a fair bit of burble for having equal length headers, so it does have the "classic" Subaru sound, it's just pretty quiet on the standard exhaust (which I do have, it's not the dealer upgrade system I thought it might have).

It started raining 30 minutes in, so I set the diff to 80/20 split to the rear and put traction in sport mode. Many lols on damp roundabouts. :lol: The back end comes out a bit, not enough to be lairy, then the car just squats down and flings you out of the turn.

Not something I think I'll be doing a lot of, just having a play with it. It'll be a lot of fun on track though.

Like I said on FB yesterday, I've just spunked close to £17k less part ex on the car.

Mods are going to be pretty low down on the list of priorities for a bit. Plus we're going to move house. :lol:

I'll just be enjoying the car standard for a bit, move house then see what the crack is. No BGW though. I even had a Twingo trying it on last night, and I thought it was a subtle looking car as it is. :lol:

Like I said on FB yesterday, I've just spunked close to £17k less part ex on the car.

Mods are going to be pretty low down on the list of priorities for a bit. Plus we're going to move house. :lol:

I'll just be enjoying the car standard for a bit, move house then see what the crack is. No BGW though. I even had a Twingo trying it on last night, and I thought it was a subtle looking car as it is. :lol:

May as well lock the thread then :lol:

That's fair enough mate. I was sure I'd seen somewhere you'd done a shopping list of parts in your head?

Come on, share with the group :lol:

Dealer 340R kit
Upper, lower and bonnet scoop mesh kit
Front lip under splitter you posted
That gnarly steering wheel I posted pages back
Winter wheels, probably Rota Gravels

That's about £4k straight away. :lol:

Good man :lol:

I've already got my list ready for the LC's replacement, and I'm not buying that until next year!

That steering wheel is made by DAMD, just so you know :lol:

Aye, couldn't think of it off the top of my head and I was mid post so didn't want to scroll back.

It's entirely practical, being flat bottom means I can have the steering wheel low where I want it and not struggle like a chunt getting myself out of the Recaros.

Get used to people trying it on, I get all sorts, just laugh them off and save your fuel.

Subtle and Impreza STi don't go together. Even if it doesn't look a beast, people still know the reputation they have. Like Chris says you're going to get people trying it on still. May as well get it looking "complete" with the BGW ;)

So why have I been speaking to Holdcroft today asking if there are any deals to an had on the 340R kit. :picardfp:

Anyhow, bought some wind deflectors from eBay and phoning Holdcroft back on Tuesday to book in for parking sensors.

Back