• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

The blue does look good, are you considering spraying the rocker cover blue too?

It had crossed my mind, but that's probably one for the future!

Go rather than show over the coming months hopefully!

:lol: that's fair enough, go is allways more important. I think the blue would be quite nice though, I was going to say it would look very "spoon" like but I saw one of their rocker covers and it was yellow lol

Might have found myself a Magnex catback. Super rare as Magnex went bust just after releasing it :rolleyes:

The price is right and it will scratch that particular itch while I'm saving for a Milltek or Toda.

I'm not expecting any gains etc, purely for the noise! :lol:

looking good loxy.

pic request for the dashboard and info panel in full working/illumination please.

all the gubbins it shows as im interested

You're getting your FRSU done soon, then? :)

How much better does it sound with an aftermarket catback? I always thought the stock FN2 sounded pretty immense :lol:

You're getting your FRSU done soon, then? :)

How much better does it sound with an aftermarket catback? I always thought the stock FN2 sounded pretty immense :lol:

At Tdi-North on Thursday for FRSU.

I've not got it yet, will post some sound clips up when/if I get it on... Seller has gone quiet. :rolleyes:

looking good loxy.

pic request for the dashboard and info panel in full working/illumination please.

all the gubbins it shows as im interested

Do you mean this? Camera picks up a lot reflection from the dash and for some reason the sound is ahead of the video. :p

[video=youtube;PWtPnTWKbpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWtPnTWKbpk[/video]

Info in this order: instantaneous MPG, Average MPG, distance left in tank, driving time since engine start, average speed, seatbelt status for back seats.

does look cool!! ill keep an eye out for you!!

:smt023

Picked up the Magnex catback after work this evening.

Looks very well made to be honest. It's push fit and clamps like the Milltek.

Might see how much Paul at TDi-north would charge to fit it on Thursday. I'll get a vid up as soon as I can!

Nicely done sir. What you want to do next is get a nice 2nd hand PiperX on there...say £50 + delivery?

Nicely done sir. What you want to do next is get a nice 2nd hand PiperX on there...say £50 + delivery?

I guess you're selling one?!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I quite like the standard airbox to be honest, it's got a decent cold air feed and I've got a higher flowing element in it now.

I think I'm only going to look at induction when it comes to mapping time and what I'm thinking at the moment is sport-cat and header for road legalness, plus Hondata Flashpro and mapping and you're talking £1,600 to £2,000. :rolleyes:

Hey John,

Just a quick query - would you reckon that the screen-wash cap (blue) in the FN2 would fit an EP3 - pedantic to hell, I know - but that blue is a better match for the blue theme in my bay as opposed to the lighter blue cap the EP3 uses.

If you know, appreciated - if not.. no probs...

Regards,

TR

Last edited by a moderator:
Phoned the insurance (Bell) to add the cat-back to the policy and got chatting to the nice geordie lass Jemma on the other end of the phone.

She basically said there is a £25 admin charge when you phone up each time to add a mod, if you add them all at once you only get charged the £25 once. It all started when I said the FRSU and exhaust were only going to be done on Thursday and she said put them on the policy now, it saves a second £25 charge! :rolleyes:

I'd told them about the tints and decals etc pretty much when I got the car, and thought Spoon socks/oil caps etc. weren't that big of a deal and not worth mentioning, as you do.

Anyhow she did her job and got me 'fess up on everything I've done and got booked in for on Thursday. Long and short of it is £45.60 charge and everything is now declaired... That £46 included air filter (you don't have to specify type, just that it is non standard), non standard cat back, Spoon socks, Spoon oil cap, FRSU. For £46!!! I was wincing waiting for her to say what it was going to be... :lol:

Hey John,

Just a quick query - would you reckon that the screen-wash cap (blue) in the FN2 would fit an EP3 - pedantic to hell, I know - but that blue is a better match for the blue theme in my bay as opposed to the lighter blue cap the EP3 uses.

Regards,

TR

Not a clue bud, I know the level indicator that goes into the filler neck is different. I can measure the diameter if you want?

Hey John,

Regards,

TR

The EP3 one is miles better though as the level tube is clear where on the FN2 it's black so you have to try and see where it's wet on the outside instead holding the fluid inside a clear tube....

The EP3 one is miles better though as the level tube is clear where on the FN2 it's black so you have to try and see where it's wet on the outside instead holding the fluid inside a clear tube....

I wanted to see if the tube was detachable/removable from the cap and easy to swap... it was a really pedantic query, if it's a case of paying £5-£6 for an FN2 cap and tube, and manipulating - I'll do it - if it turns into something more/or just stupidly expensive I'll pass..

Been busying myself on a day off.

Before:
IMAG0174.jpg

After:
IMAG0175.jpg

Didn't get too OCD on it as it is under the car and behind the chrome triangles after all!

TDi-North are putting it on for me on Thursday. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back