• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Good Work John - look forward to hearing your opinion on the exhaust. :)

I'm looking forward to it myself!

I really miss the sound of the Spoon from my EP3, though I'm sure this will be a whole lot more subtle but I'll just have to see. :lol:

Well, sat in TDi-North with a coffee, car is on the ramps, about to fire up the Xbox.

Fifa 06 it looks like, or a Getaway in Stockholm DVD!

Got back about an hour ago from TDi-North.

Paul was on holiday but I was well looked after by the chaps there! :smt023

On the test drive the mechanic (didn't catch his name, had glasses) said he could feel it lifting the back wheel on roundabouts, so the grip is spot on! On the drive home I had the old exhaust in the back so didn't get any similar manoeuvers but the turn in is much better and the car feels much more planted.

Went for -ve 1.25 on the front and -ve 1 on the back, seems to have done the trick. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The exhaust is pretty much what I expected. Not boomy but sounds like it has purpose. Get over 5k rpm and the induction noise takes over so it's pretty much what I wanted and as a plus you can barely hear it over stock on the motorway. Will get a vid up when the wifey is feeling better and I can get some time off work....

All in all very chuffed!

You get induction noise just from a panel filter?

Also good to hear you are happy with it mate. Doubt it will ever see that good a clean again like the one it had before it went on :lol:

You get induction noise just from a panel filter?

Also good to hear you are happy with it mate. Doubt it will ever see that good a clean again like the one it had before it went on :lol:

You get induction noise from a stock FN2. The airbox is a lot smaller and thinner than the EP3.

Couldn't find an example on the tube in english... first few seconds.
[video=youtube;Iopq-rFRiL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iopq-rFRiL4[/video]

Cool man, looking stock but with a harder sound FTW.

Do you have your toe and caster settings too out of interest??

If your getting a header, get a TODA :twisted: .

Cool man, looking stock but with a harder sound FTW.

Do you have your toe and caster settings too out of interest??

If your getting a header, get a TODA :twisted: .

1mm toe out front and 1mm toe in back I think he said, but I was fumbling my debit card at the time. He said he managed to get them exactly as he wanted. No mention of caster, so I'm assuming standard settings. I'll see how it is properly tomorrow when I can go for a drive without the exhaust rattling about in the boot! :lol:

I was debating with a guy called Lou who was answering the phones about a mani. He said they have one for the FN2 that they've have designed themselves that gives good gains, around £600ish I think plus fitting where the Toda was around £1200. I was trying to enquire about a mani with a high-flow cat but he didn't know much about them, so I'll drop Paul an email and see what he can come up with. They said if I change the mani for MOT time it would be 2 hours labour before to put the old one on and 2 hours after. That I do not want, but then there is the prospect of finding a friendly MOT tester. I'm still liking the idea of having a MOTable car though...

Discussed Hondata Flashpro as well which they seemed keen to do before the mani as that would give very noticable improvements without affecting an MOT, but I'd obviously get charged for a remap if a put a mani on after. :rolleyes:

Food for thought, and I need to refill the bank account for a few months after today. 5 hours labour! :(

Seeveec Type Arrgh. Take it that vid is stock though yeah?

How come manifolds make your car fail the MOT?

Seeveec Type Arrgh. Take it that vid is stock though yeah?

How come manifolds make your car fail the MOT?

If the mani doesn't have a cat it will more than likely fail the MOT emissions test.

Ahh. Is there a noise level test in the MOT? For loud backboxes and such?

Nope. Technically can't get done by the old bill either, unless you're driving like a bell end in the small hours of the morning and they give you an ASBO.

Washed the car this morning as it looked like I'd done a rally stage after I'd been to Great Harwood this week.

Anyhow, alloys with peeling/blistering lacquer leaves Loxy not too impressed. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Are they covered under warranty does anyone know?

I should hope so. If you still have a warranty, kick up a fuss. It's not a part that should wear, so I would get them replaced. Kick up a stink if they contest it. Disgusting, if I'd have known I would have bought a mini etc.

Picture of the camber after the FRSU. Front looks really aggressive but I'm assured that it is only negative 1.25. I guess I'll just have to watch the tyre wear! :lol:

Corners like it's on rails now. :smt023

Parked up in Lytham, front wheels not straight:
IMAG0179.jpg

Later on the same day in St Annes, wheels straight:
IMAG0181.jpg

Picture of the camber after the FRSU. Front looks really aggressive but I'm assured that it is only negative 1.25. I guess I'll just have to watch the tyre wear! :lol:

Corners like it's on rails now. :smt023

Parked up in Lytham, front wheels not straight:
IMAG0179.jpg

Later on the same day in St Annes, wheels straight:
IMAG0181.jpg

Love it Lox - I'm going to get a bit more camber dialled in I'm 1.05 ATM, I want 2.00 neg. :lol:

Was talking to James (Touge), if I go ahead with one of my plans, it might mean neg 3.00 on the back lol.

Wheels will be covered, if the car is under warranty - couple bods on Civinfo have had replacements, but it tends only to be the blistered ones, and be sure to check the colour match if they do get you replacement wheels, granted it's not been an issue on the Type-R - but other Honda wheels - that people have had replaced, in darker finishes have differed to the ones originally on the car - which has left them with differing shades of wheels.

Oh, if there is kerbing they won't replace the wheel (Not suggesting that there is :))

Oh, if there is kerbing they won't replace the wheel (Not suggesting that there is :))

I had 4 new wheels on my EP3 due to blistering paint, one was kerbed and one had a chunk out of the lip from hitting a rock.

Back