• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

you have had some really bad luck recently Loxy, i hope things start coming good for you soon.

Thanks bud.

I've got to confess I've lost a bit of love for the car over the past few weeks. I've been considering chopping it in for something else if I'm honest but the wife's talked me out of it. The garage I got it from has an Evo VIII and a Hawkeye STi Spec D for less than I paid for mine...

Still no guarantee if I change I won't have issues again, and I've only really had paint and A nut that's not been tightened properly.

I'll see what the dealer says tomorrow.

Right went back to the dealer I bought the car from today and the boss had a look at my car.

He said he would have a word with the guy they have to do the paint repairs on Tuesday when he's next in and ring me to let me know when I can bring it in. So that sounds promising.

He didn't sound too committal about the alloy refurb work though. I did say to him that if it was them who had wheels refurbed then I was doing them a favour pointing out that the third party company they use is doing shonky work and it should at least still be under the third party company's warranty. Either way if they did or didn't get the alloys refurbed they shouldn't have to spend anything other than checking. He said he'd look into it and let me know when he rang me on Tuesday.

Had the front o/s corner near the fog resprayed today by a frim called SmoothGear in Leyland. Looks a really good job, you can't tell it's been repainted at all. I just hope it lasts like that!

It turns out that the garage I bought the car off had it repainted to fix a deep scratch, put it wasn't this company SmoothGear that had done the work, so they will be charging the garage for what they've done today. Winner for me!

Very good service, the owner was really enthusiastic and was showing me pictures of a Type S he had in and resprayed the calipers in red and had white "Type S" decals put under the laquer and so on. Found this one their web site, they've done some work on the Buddy Club Integra TA car: SmoothGear

I liked what I was seeing so I asked about alloy wheel refurbs, again impressed.

I can supply the car with the wheels on, tyres on. As long as it is there before 9am they will get it back to me same day. They'll get the tyres off. Sand blast the alloys to get the old peeling paint off and then powder coat in Silver, White, Red, Black, Blue, Green and so on, but most interestingly graphite. He showed me some that he had in silver that were waiting collection from a VW and they looked mint.

£50 a wheel.

After I've had the brakes done at TDi-North on the 6th, I might get the alloys done in time for JAE. Either that or start the saving for Flashpro...

Just catching up with your thread...sorry to hear about your troubles!
June doesnt seem to be a good month for FN2 owners!

Sorry :lol: But it does seem that some things have gone your way now! Mind you I'm not used to a warranty... The respray should have been free anyway :lol:

Sorry :lol: But it does seem that some things have gone your way now! Mind you I'm not used to a warranty... The respray should have been free anyway :lol:

No worries. The respray was free, via the dealer who I got the car from, but not being a Honda dealer it wasn't on Honda warranty.

I'm still suffering from the peeling paint on the alloys which is getting worse by the day and I will have to sort that myself.

I am undecided what to do about the wheels really. The colour match is very good, so it's not really obvious but I noticed it, and now I know it is there. I don't want to buy any aftermarket wheels as I've not really got that look on my wish list and it would be using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

I really do want to get it Flashpro'd though, so I'm thinking wheel refurb will come after that, and I'm still undecided about whether to get OEM colour or something like Anthracite.

Then again having non OEM coloured wheels does sort of advertise that you are driving a modded car so does away with the satisfaction of spanking a lesser car in the traffic light GP....

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a bit of an update.

It's been a few weeks now since the sump-plug dropped out of the bottom of the gear box. At first when it was filled back up I was convinced it wasn't right and that I would be going back and asking for a new gearbox. Part through laziness and a bit faith I've held off and now the oil and gearbox have had a chance to get to know each other everything seems hunky-dory.

Gear shifts are better than ever if I'm honest so I'm slowly getting my confidence back in the old girl, even getting the back wheel off the ground on the twisties again now. :twisted:

Just looking forward to my next trip to TDi-North on the 6th for the brake upgrades. :smt023

Gave it a polish over the weekend. First time for a while. I'm not a detailer by any means so not perfect but looked good enough for me. Did it by hand and it took about 2 1/2 hours.

Funny colour Silver from clean to polished, only difference is the amount of reflection you get on the paint! :lol:

Sdc10983.jpg

Obligatory pic of self in reflection:
Sdc10982.jpg

Bonnet reflection:
Sdc10986.jpg

Trees and sky reflection in roof:
Sdc10985.jpg

Oh and this is what the wheels and peeling paint look like, not bad enough for £200 of refurb just yet but annoying :evil:

I've stopped giving them a proper good clean as I don't want to aggravate the rest of the paint into flaking.

Sdc10989.jpg

Sdc10987.jpg

Sdc10988.jpg

Looking good Loxy, I really like these FN2's.

I think I'd quite happily own one now.

You dont get many tuned ones either :? .

Driver's seat has gone shiney where seatbelt comes over the shoulder - been told this may not be covered as it may be classed as wear and tear

Suede brush;

3098300104_d258f78f95.jpg

Did mine yesterday and they've come up as good as new, didn't even damage the red stitching. :)

Just got back from Tdi-North.

Funny thing I suppose getting the brakes done, a lot of money for something you can't see. :oops:

Followed the bedding in proceedure on the dual carriageway near to the garage and then drove on the Motorway back home giving them time to cool. Only done 20 miles on them so far. Will give my impressions after a couple of hundred. No squeal yet though! :lol:

Was tempted to book in for the Flashpro while I was there but resisted.

Saving up for a HKS Racing Suction Kit next I think. Filter is already on the insurance, so what the heck and by all accounts it doesn't get heatsoak and sounds better than the GruppeM without the price tag. Paul says they give good gains, and they can supply them fitted for not much more than I have found them delivery only elsewhere! :smt023

Only done 20 miles on them so far. Will give my impressions after a couple of hundred. No squeal yet though! :lol:

One word describes the braking force now... Fierce!

Very precise feel to the pedal now and when braking hard at speed my butt actually lifts off the seat...

No squeal either which some people have reported with the Ferodo DS2500s. I'm well chuffed!

Glad to see they are doing well fella. People probably complain of squeal due to not copper slipping the metal plates that go over the back of the pad.

Rotated the tyres the other week so took some pics of the Stoptech lines...

(camera phone so dodgy quality...)

IMAG0260.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

Hopefully fitting tomorrow afternoon, if not then Friday. :twisted:

6000k 55w HID kit:
Sdc11291.jpg

Extreme White sidelights (look extreme blue to be honest?!):
Sdc11294.jpg

Hardest bit should be mounting the ballasts but I've got a plan...

How to and bleeding knuckles to follow no doubt! ;)

The hardest bit is getting the rubber intake pipe behind the O/S headlight out and back in again, trust me.

I really was just hoping that bit would be easy and have been sort of ignoring that bit until now.! :lol:

I'm thinking it requires taking the plastic covers off that cover the top of the wings under the bonnet?

Back