• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Had my first fuel refill yesterday and I had managed 24.9 mpg over 190 miles. Less than I was hoping to be honest, but I have been hooning it at every opportunity. I'm expecting this to climb a little as I get used to it.

Don't. I've had 3 evo's over the past 6 years and I still take the long route to where I'm going.
I also still take it out for a spin when I've got nowhere in particular to go.

You'll just get accustomed to the crappy MPG :)

Look forward to your tyre bill! :lol:

Falkens, cheap as chips FTW. That being said, I think they've stopped making the FK452s so might have to find an alternative.

Right foot may become the barometer of how much spending money I have! :lol:

Less on cigars, more on petrol ;)

Never! Both at the same time, double whammy! ;)

Don't. I've had 3 evo's over the past 6 years and I still take the long route to where I'm going.
I also still take it out for a spin when I've got nowhere in particular to go.

You'll just get accustomed to the crappy MPG :)

Wise words to be honest and it could be a lot worse.

I've not been holding back, I've been constantly prodding the throttle even when cruising or on the motorway just to feel how it pulls and giving it the berries when I've got some open road.

Said friend with the WRX said he gets 24 mpg taking it easy and at extremes 27 on a long run on the motorway. He's quietly peeved to be honest.

He bought his WRX when I got my FN2, because on paper it was quicker than mine and he's not one to be outdone. Before the Rotrex, there wasn't much in it between mine and his and he was itching to buy an STi so he'd have bragging rights. LSD plus Rotrex now and he's out of ideas. He's spent this afternoon telling me how if he got an STi or Evo and modded them he wouldn't be able to afford the fuel, when I went home he was looking at 15 YO exotics. :lol:

I keep telling him to get a Type R. He might be another convert on the way.

Nice little write up John, sounds like your car is exactly how you want it now. I know there is more power to be squeezed out of it, but at the moment it sounds like it is a lot of fun without becoming unreliable or stupidly costly to own ;)

Are they any good? Might look at them for that price to replace my Paradas on the ST when the time comes.

Are they any good? Might look at them for that price to replace my Paradas on the ST when the time comes.

Mine are awesome. Then again I can't really remember the standard tyres, they are a million times better than budgets and I haven't spun in the wet on them so good review from me :lol:

Cool man.

Maybe spend more on better tyres and the performance and life may last longer.

F952's are the replacement for the 452's, some people have said that the side walls on the 952's are noticeably softer and give more flex than the 452's.

What is the WHP John ??

Cool man.

Maybe spend more on better tyres and the performance and life may last longer.

F952's are the replacement for the 452's, some people have said that the side walls on the 952's are noticeably softer and give more flex than the 452's.

What is the WHP John ??

I haven't seen a figure on it, but based on the differences last time I watched it on the dyno it will be about 272 whp.

When I was at 220 bhp it pulled 185 whp.

Latest addition to the car. :cool:

IMAG0527.jpg

Nice placement John, i have mine in the rear driver window.

Cheers. It stands out but looks in the right place if you know what I mean.

Best place for it on a FN2. :smt023

Holy crap 9k.

Im a bit of a noob with chargers, whats the difference between a Rotrex and the more popular JRSC. Im toying with the idea of charging my DC5, but not if it costs that much.

Does the standard engine take it? can it be used as a daily?

Holy crap 9k.

Im a bit of a noob with chargers, whats the difference between a Rotrex and the more popular JRSC. Im toying with the idea of charging my DC5, but not if it costs that much.

Does the standard engine take it? can it be used as a daily?

9K includes everything listed on page 1. Charger is probably about £3.5-5 depending on your options.

JRSC is a roots charger, constant displacement, so makes boost from tickover which is fine, but they can be hard to launch.

The Rotrex is a centrifugal charger, so makes more boost the more you rev it. Tends to be better suited to higher revving engines. Upside is that it isn't making a lot of boost under 3k, so it is easy to drive everyday and you don't sit at the lights with your tyres melting.

That being said, mine is pretty damn easy to spin my wheels in 1st and 2nd in a straight line in the dry and 3rd on bends. 5th gear wheelspin today in the rain too. Just got to be sensible with it.

Standard engine can take 300 easy, 340 is getting close but over that you need to start thinking about uprated internals from what I've been told.

My car is my daily, I even use it on business mileage. The only thing I'm struggling with is the lightened flywheel in crawling traffic, I'll just have to learn to dip the clutch and coast.

Thanks for reply. Yeah i like your FN2 a lot, very nice spec and power figures mate.

Is 3.5-5k just the charger, have you then gotta add Kpro, and manifold/decat, etc?

My main peev other than justifiyng the cash to myself when ive just moved home to save more cash lol, is the de-cat and MOT problem.

Also will the OEM clutch last? obviously going to wear out quicker.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reply. Yeah i like your FN2 a lot, very nice spec and power figures mate.

Is 3.5-5k just the charger, have you then gotta add Kpro, and manifold/decat, etc?

My main peev other than justifiyng the cash to myself when ive just moved home to save more cash lol, is the de-cat and MOT problem.

Also will the OEM clutch last? obviously going to wear out quicker.....

Cheers bud.

The charger itself was £2820 inc VAT, fitting was a day labour, I already had the Hondata, so just needed to pay for a remap.

I don't have a decat. Standard exhaust manifold and cat. ;)

I'm just getting a few tweaks done at the weekend then I'll be getting it emissions tested to be sure, but it should pass the MOT.

I've had a stage 3 copper ceramic 6 puck clutch fitted as I wanted to be safe, and the gearbox was out anyway to fit the Wavetrac LSD, so it didn't cost any more on labour.

The OEM clutch would probably hold it, but some heavy starts would start to wear it out pretty quickly!

Back