• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

I have always been an advocate of leaving the K20 N/A, Its meant to be that way. If you want to go down the boost route then you've bought the wrong car to start with.

Go buy an EVO/STI/GTR, they are designed for that purpose.

It is an engine out job for the valve springs so it makes the other stuff pretty accessible so I believe. Paul did say it would be tight to get it all done in the two days.

It should be pretty comparable to the charger up to road legal speeds I reckon but with a much better sound along the way! We'll see.

It should be pretty comparable to the charger up to road legal speeds I reckon but with a much better sound along the way! We'll see.

Most performance cars are though to be fair, it's the 30mph after that where the weapons are set apart from the toys.

NA FTW though, on a K20 anyway.

I'd boost my F20 anyday, forged internals as standard FTW.

So, not got the graph yet but from memory it has made 247bhp and 180lbft.

It pulls like the charger did up to around 4k, motorway cruising and in gear acceleration out of VTEC is brilliant! In VTEC it is pretty much like it was before, just more and it now doesn't tail off so keeps pulling pretty much up to the limiter. Properly chuffed! :smt023

Also had a Competition Clutches Stage 4, 6 paddle, clutch fitted. This was a lot stiffer than I expected at first, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

Brakes didn't go on. Unfortunately they sent a kit for the EP3 which doesn't fit. :rolleyes:

The caliper and disc should be the same on both kits, so hopefully will just have to wait for new brackets to arrive.

Long day, but enjoyed it. Home and with a beer now! :lol:

Good little update sir Loxy, nice to hear that you're happy with everything. :) Apart from the wrong brake brackets being sent! :lol:

Do the cams affect the idle by much?

EDIT: thinking about it, 247 isnt fantastic considering you can get that with decent breathing and map?

Do the cams affect the idle by much?

EDIT: thinking about it, 247 isnt fantastic considering you can get that with decent breathing and map?

Idle is like stock, they are only stage 1 after all.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from with that. The K20z4s don't seem to get as much top end as K20a2s do from a race manifold. The route the manifold has to take probably has a fair bit to do with it. EP3/DC5 manifolds are a lot straighter in comparison.

It made 237 with pretty much all the breathing mods you can chuck at a FN2, another 10 on the top end is pretty good really. :D

Mid range and low cam are noticeably better than before.

Much better and easier to drive than when charged?

Same real world speed feeling?

It is definitely more suited to my driving style now.

I can grab it by the scruff of it's neck now and it doesn't feel like it's going to spit me off the road if that makes sense?

Above 4k you can definitely tell it is slower than the charger. I had a drive in Deziboy's 330bhp Comptech charged FN2 again today which was similarly quick to how mine used to be.

There's not a huge difference in first and second, third his would start pulling away and in forth it would murder mine.

That's in a straight line though! I can drive mine quicker round bends than I could drive a charged one, but that's obviously down to me.

I think driving should be about fun.

You don't need massive power for fun.

I personally don't find boost fun I find it boring. (and yes I do have experience.....)

Idle is like stock, they are only stage 1 after all.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from with that. The K20z4s don't seem to get as much top end as K20a2s do from a race manifold. The route the manifold has to take probably has a fair bit to do with it. EP3/DC5 manifolds are a lot straighter in comparison.

It made 237 with pretty much all the breathing mods you can chuck at a FN2, another 10 on the top end is pretty good really. :D

Mid range and low cam are noticeably better than before.

Oh I see, fair enough. So, realistically, have the cams made a dramatic difference? I know you're happy with how it is, but is that because you know they are there? Placebo and all that?

I wouldn't mind being taken for a spin at some point. My current goal is get a job sell my ATR & GTR buy a DC5/FN2/FD2 go down N/A route.

Oh I see, fair enough. So, realistically, have the cams made a dramatic difference? I know you're happy with how it is, but is that because you know they are there? Placebo and all that?

I'd be lying if said I could say it's massively different with 10 bhp more at the top end, but you can hold onto the revs longer as the power doesn't tail away, so I suppose in a way. Mid range where you spend most of your time does seem quite eager. Foot down in 6th from 70 is much quicker now, so 30 in 3rd will be eager. I'll have more of a feel for it after my drive to work tomorrow!

I wouldn't mind being taken for a spin at some point. My current goal is get a job sell my ATR & GTR buy a DC5/FN2/FD2 go down N/A route.

Will do! Dyno day on the 5th? ;)

Back