• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Skunk2s.jpg

Ez. :)

Can't the lovely smooth curve be gotten on N/A?

Not really, it depends on what the cams will make rather than just being FI.

These cams were really torquey low down, but you can see them dip around 4k but they were still making more than the high cam at this point so you can't set the VTEC point down there. VTEC is at 4,300 I think. It was worse than that but Paul detuned the low cam a bit or would have felt like an OEM style kick just before VTEC.

It drives a lot smoother than it looks! :lol:

Curves and graphs are looking good John, can you remember how your car feels over stock? Or has it been a bit too long to compare? Also, any other plans than brakes etc?

Nice graph dude.

That guy that blew his engine, I bet it was related to lack of a baffled sump.

Curves and graphs are looking good John, can you remember how your car feels over stock? Or has it been a bit too long to compare? Also, any other plans than brakes etc?

No bud, I can't remember what it was like stock. I might get a test drive in one on the dyno day just to remind myself. :)

Plans? Some Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s and replace the Stoptech pads with Ferodo DS2500s before the Nurburgring trip, and since it is going to be doing track work, as Chris has pointed out, baffled sump. I'll get that fitted on the next service, as the oil will be getting changed anyway.

Nice graph dude.

That guy that blew his engine, I bet it was related to lack of a baffled sump.

Paul has kindly done an overlay of before and after the Skunk2s.

BeforeandafterSkunk2s.jpg

Eventful journey home.

First of all starter motor didn't fire first time, then when it finally did got the dreaded crunch when it didn't disengage. The crunch has happened before, but not the failure to even turn over, done it over the past week. Thinking there is some crap in it.

Then coming out of the petrol station couldn't get 2nd gear, stopped at some lights then couldn't get first. I thought those days were over.

Fcking cars...

Hows the car feeling now john? Still having the niggle problems 1st/2nd and the starter motor? Hope you get it sorted soon, keep us updated...

Aye its still making the noise on startup.

I'm having to match the engine speed to the gearbox as well when changing gear or it'll struggle to go in or grind or grab on release of the clutch. 1st gear won't go into second if I rev over 8k.

That means I've not been able to drive it quickly so to speak as you can't change up quickly but I've been doing plenty of heel-toe practice on the down shifts so they go in. :rolleyes:

Still waiting on news of the Stoptechs arriving. Getting a bit browned off waiting for them to arrive to be honest. You'd think they were coming from Touge or something. :rolleyes:

So the clutch and rear pads are on hold until the Stoptech kit lands or a day next week that I must ring Paul about in the morning thinking about it. :lol:

In other news, bought this.

3124793004_a8d7081632.jpg

Just the scoop. Info on the kit is here. Should work well with the HKS and a custom heatshield.

At the bottom he states that his kit increases the redline to 8600rpm :freak: Other than that, it looks like a good system. :smt023

At the bottom he states that his kit increases the redline to 8600rpm :freak: Other than that, it looks like a good system. :smt023

:lol:

It says on the Hondata reflashed car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Down at TDi again this morning.

If anyone is popping in, say hi!

Getting new pads on the rear, hopefully it is in time to save the disks.

Back