• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

TBH John ive not got a clue whats in it ATM, I will dig out the receipt and have a look.

I also have the F1 Fly-wheel so its a double kick in the jacobs if that follows suit.

I do too, but I've been told there are no known issues with the flywheel so it should be OK. (Jeez I've done it now...)

Went back to TDi-North today to have the remaining planned work completed.

Had the Stoptech 328mm Big Brake Kit installed, with 15mm Eibach Spacers. I'm still bedding these in, the majority of the heat cycling has been done and the bite is coming but they aren't quite there just yet. I'm cleaning the car tomorrow, so pics will follow.

Also had the Competition Clutch Stage 4 removed. I had started to get used to it and it probably was getting easier, but my back was still aching after being stuck in traffic. Paul said if anything I had been too gentle bedding that clutch in and there was hardly any wear on the clutch disc.

Before removing the old clutch Neil said that he first checked the clutch fluid. It looked gunky and horrible, so he cleared that out and immediately the pedal felt better. He did however crack on and swap the clutches over as agreed, so I now have an ACT Stage 1 clutch fitted. I've described this as feeling like pressing down on an angel's wing in comparison to the old clutch! It feels virtually stock, cracking bite and has made changing gear fun again rather than the event it had turned into. I'm going to have to get used to not having to rev the car to 2,500 rpm to set off smoothly though now.

All in all very pleased. Must say a big thanks to Neil and Ben who stayed well past 6pm getting the car ready. Lou was around too, showing me some crazy drag Mercs he'd found on the net while I was bashing Forza 3 with a lairy Mugen DC5.

Next on the list will be the Driven Crazy Scoop that is in my kitchen at the moment. I'll crack on with that next week.

As promised. Had to nip round the 'Rents house this afternoon but did manage to get the cars washed first.

Wide shot. Not that in your face.

Sdc12458.jpg

Shows the thickness of the disc.

Sdc12454.jpg

General straight on shot.

Sdc12455.jpg

Cheers chaps.

I can't but I'm off work for two weeks while Jayne revises now so I'll be predominantly looking after the nipper.

I don't fancy baby puke on my back seat so running them in will have to wait. :(

They look great John. A little red behind the wheel suggesting performance that needs stopping power, loved that about the Brembo's on the Teg.

They're not as in your face as I was expecting, I like them. :cool: Bit pants about not being able to bed them in, duty calls and all that, but there is plenty of time young Jedi :lol:

Back