• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Could always invest in coilovers as the firmer ride will mean less of a drop in ride height on undulating and/or bumpy roads...?

I've always been against coilovers, road car and daily drive and all that jazz. That and I've well and truly blown my modding budget.

Could always trim the arch liners but I really don't want water and crap flying up in my arches.

I take it the spacers are essential then?

New wheels out of the equation? Or what about different lowering springs?

BTW John, you can get coilovers that don't sacrifice ride quality, they are not all break your back stiff.

Aye, spacers needed for the Stoptechs. I only get about 3mm of clearance with them.

Budget is pretty much gone for new wheels or coilovers.

Fcking cars.

Cheap option is to trim the arch liners.

That's not ideal mate, maybe run some sick camber if they're rubbing on the outside? :lol:

Aye they went on on Saturday.

2 Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s, just shy of £280 fitted.

Exactly the same Chris. :rolleyes:

Only difference is the load index. I'm going to go andcheck the pressures when the nipper drops back off again.

It only catches over bumps, not when turning the wheel. It has done it on a few hard corners, but they have bumps in the bend, so double compression really.

First time properly in a straight line tonight.

Good shout by stoneyni via FB.

Just checked the tyre pressures. Either my digi gauge is out or the tyre monkeys can't read. 45 psi in them.
facepalm.gif

I'll see how they are in the morning.

I was putting the harder ride down to stiffer side walls. Less flex in the tyre because of the pressure was probably just causing more suspension travel. :lol:

Let's hope getting the correct pressure in them will be the answer! 45 is quite the mistake to make, although virtually every tyre monkey I've been to does this.

Failing that, as Chris has mentioned, adjust the camber. I've had to do this with the rears on mine to stop them scrubbing.

Did the same dip in the road tonight, though admittedly 10mph slower because it wasn't properly dark, and it still did it but nowhere near as bad.

I'm nipping down to TDi on Saturday, I'll see when it's up on ramps where and how much it is catching.

As promised. Had to nip round the 'Rents house this afternoon but did manage to get the cars washed first.

Wide shot. Not that in your face.

Sdc12458.jpg

Shows the thickness of the disc.

Sdc12454.jpg

General straight on shot.

Sdc12455.jpg

Incredible.

has somebody forwarded pictures of these brake discs to wiggy? i think they'd be right up his street and i'd hate for him to miss out.

Back