• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

So are TDi North going to start marketing the heatshield or is it a one off?

So are TDi North going to start marketing the heatshield or is it a one off?

Yep, they are taking orders now.

On its own you'd see improvements but with either with the Mugen, Tegiwa scoop or the Driven Crazy Scoopin like mine it works really well.

Few uninteresting updates.

Battery has been playing up a bit, struggling to start the car if it has been stood for a few days. The other day, I completely forgot it was playing up and left the heated rear window and lights on for 5 minutes without the engine running. It only just started.

So new battery ordered from Cox Motor Parts for £59.20.

Secondly, I washed the car today and noticed both fog light protectors were only being held on by two of the three 3M Dual Lock pads. So I've taken them off, cleaned all the surfaces up with some white spirit and put them back on with double the number of pads.

Thirdly, silver trim on the passenger door handle had broken again. Can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but it's a common 8th Gen issue. If the handle screws are overtightened on assembly the silver plastic cover can break from it's fixings.

I've superglued it before but I've only ever used pound shop runny stuff superglue. I'd anticipated that it would need gluing for a third time and had bought some proper Loctite Gel uber superglue. It went on a lot easier and held almost instantly. I still stood there like a plum for 5 minutes pressing on the door handle to be sure though.

It's about a £100 job to get it fixed at Honda. They don't do just the silver cover, you've to buy the whole handle, then it's a door card off to get to the fixings. Superglue will do for now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian at Clockwise Motion has got back to me. Testing and evaluation on the K20Z4 baffled sump gates/inserts has now been completed and they are happy to ship them.

£200 inc VAT.

Winner!

Fitting on the 3rd of March hopefully. :lol:

:cool:

Needs to be done. Costing me a fortune this Ring trip! :lol:

Anything special about the battery John? Seems a bit steep!

Tenner cheaper than Halfrauds and £20 than from Honda fitted. It is just a Honda battery though.

Awesome news in regards to the baffled sump John :smt023 Is the price including or excluding fitment?

Excluding fitting, but I'll get it done at the same time as the oil change.

With all this prep John, i'm expecting sub 10 minute laps at the ring:lol:

:lol:

Not timing myself. Not getting into trying to out drive myself.

Fitted a new battery today. It still starts and I don't think I blew any fuses.

That is all.

Saying that, fit a Z4?

That's it. Fit a Z4 with the RRC oil pump. That's the killer bit.

To be honest I've not asked Tom and by the time I've driven there and back with the fuel it'll probably come in at around the same price.

Clockwise Motion make some good kit, so I'm expecting nothing short of brilliant from this. The EP3 one is gated, so oil can flow in from the sides on return but won't flow out, keeping it all near the pump pick up. I've not got any pictures of it yet though, I've just jumped straight in on it.

It's a damn sight cheaper than the Toda and Mugen options available so it's all good.

Should look like this John

honda-k20-baffled-sump.jpg

Back