• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Driven Crazy Scoopin is on!

Can't say I can notice a difference to be honest, but a datalog might show up something on the intake temps, but it will a few days before I can do that. I've said before I didn't notice any heatsoak, but sensors don't lie, so will have to see.

I didn't take any pictures either, I didn't take my camera. :oops:

Will get one through the lower front grill over the next few days. :lol:

I've enjoyed reading this thread , its made the afternoon shift go a bit quicker , fair play to you mate you 've had some patience with this car , looks nice thou , i like the brake kit you got on there .

Cheers bud. I've persevered with this car more than any other I've owned.

It's just about getting to where I want it to be now.

So, it's been sleeting up here and bucking the trend for winter tyres, I've just ordered two Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s to replace the semi-slick RE050s on the front. Fitting Saturday.

Falkens staying on the back until they get replaced in March with some more F1 Asymmetric 2s.

225/40/18. Cheaper than the 225/35/19s the rages have, but still painful.

Do you not like the Bridgestone's?

Nothing wrong with them really. They just get beaten on the group tests by quite a few others. The F1 Asymmetrics always come top or very close, well on the tests I've seen anyway, and they are about the same price as the RE050s.

You can't buy winter tyres in pairs anyway.
Not worth it if you only need to replace a couple.

Aye, I've seen those vids. You either need to fit 4 or not bother really, and they aren't cheap either! A fair bit more in my size than the Goodyears. If it snows again like the last couple of years, I'm just not going to move the car. Snow can FOAD.

Any idea what the sidewalls are like on them? Only Goodyears I had were the original F1 DSG3 and although the grip was excellent, they did feel a bit flimsy at times and they wore down quickly.

The ones I've bought have a 92 load index, standard fitment RE050s have 88 so they should be reasonably rugged. I could only find Camskill with 88 load index F1 Asymmetric 2s at a reasonable price and they only had 1 in stock! :lol:

I've not had much long term experience of the sidewalls on Goodyears to be honest. Got the F1 Asymmetric 1s fitted to the EP3, traded it in a few months later. We've got the Asymmetric 2s on Jaynes and that is probably going in March. :rolleyes:

Loving it mate! Scanned through the thread already and looks mint!
How are the new brakes? Ride height looks perfect! Do the Eibachs drop by 25mm?
The GP skirts look sweet - is there a lip to the front splitter? Is it noticeable on NHB?
Looks good man!

Cheers! :smt023

Brakes are simply awesome. They bite a speeds you think they just have no right to! Don't get me wrong, still very predictable and feel like OEM if you are being gentle, but when you need to stop! :lol:

The Eibachs are 15mm on mine. ABP do a 30mm kit, but the 15mm drop is enough for me. I can struggle with some speed bumps at work as it is. Just take them slow and they are fine.

The GP kit is the only real show and no go mod I've done but I liked them so much I had to have them. They don't have a lip like I think you mean, but the black middle stands out to the rest of the skirt. It all comes assembled with the clips needed etc., you just take the bumper off, swap over the lower sections and refit.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?76778-How-to-Install-Front-GP-Splitter-to-an-FN2

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?76779-How-to-Install-Rear-GP-Splitter-to-an-FN2

This is what it looks like on a black car.

D098D0B7D0BED0B1D180D0B0D0B6D0B5D0BDD0B8D0B520293.jpg

I've heard Stoptechs being compared to feeling like you've hit a brick wall

I've had a bit of time to bed them in and get used to them now.

They just bite at no matter what speed, you always feel confident hitting the pedal that it is going to stop. Country lanes are where it is at though, braking distances are so much shorter so you get more time on the loud pedal! :lol:

I am going to get DS2500s on as well, but I feel totally confident in the braking abilities now knowing that I'll be taking the car to Spa and Nurburgring in the spring.

Yep, tyres definitely catching on the arch liners with the spacers.
facepalm.gif

Fcking cars.

Could always invest in coilovers as the firmer ride will mean less of a drop in ride height on undulating and/or bumpy roads...?

Back